NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG | Weaving Pages: NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG

Friday, 1 January 2016

NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG

alt text

Happy New Year, lovelies!

After my epic fail at being a good blogger in 2015, I have made it one of my resolutions to give you guys quality content with as much consistency as I can muster in my year of GCSEs, 2016. Doing so may likely involve a lot of inner ramblings, opinionated articles on our world's current issues, and you guessed it: a lot of books. Whilst I most definitely don't have much time to read as much as I would like, I've currently unearthed a great need to be a lot more adventurous in my reading, so there are many classics and fiction novels on my TBR pile. YA literature may be taking a bit of a backseat for a while I'm afraid- I think I've had a bit of an anything goes attitude with books for a while, because I absolutely love trying new things- as I've come to realise I need to be more selective and just choose what I really want to read, especially with the fact I won't have much reading time. 

Where does that leave us, you many be wondering? Well, just like the title says, we're starting right from the very beginning this year. I've been absent from blogging the past month in order to begin getting all the arrangements for 2016 ready. I'm hoping it'll be an absolutely brilliant year, filled with adventures and memories that will last for many years to come. Of course, that doesn't mean we have to forget all about 2015 just yet, so here is a small collection of my favourite posts from last year:


My favourite review has to be the one I wrote for To Kill a Mockingbird, simply because it instantly became one of my favourite books and I finally understood why everyone loves it so much.

My most popular post seemed to be The Truth About Blogging Slumps, because it turns out I wasn't the only one feeling drained when it came to blogging this past year.

My favourite event was meeting Leigh Bardugo and Melinda Salisbury over at Seven Stories, because I got to talk with so many amazing people- it was just wonderful!

My favourite interview was with Linda Forsell, who is using her work to spread awareness of the issues women and children face all around the world.

In terms of issues in literature and our everyday lives, my favourite posts were Mirrors or Windows? 5+ Reasons We Need More Diverse Books as well as The Oversimplification of Stereotypes.

I have always loved crafting posts around a quote I have grown fond of, so for 2015 my favourite was "In writing, you must kill all your darlings."

My favourite non bookish post was my tutorial on how to paint your nails with a Selection themed design.

On a personal level, this post about why literature is important to me was by far my favourite.


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...