The Name Game - Naming Your Blog | Weaving Pages: The Name Game - Naming Your Blog

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

The Name Game - Naming Your Blog


In every single guide to beginning a blog, the first step is to choose a name. That is definitely easier said than done, so to help you I have some suggestions that helped me eventually choose a name.

1. Quotes
It's probably not the first thing you think of, but I remember searching through lists of quotes for inspiration. There are so many that I guarantee you will find more than one idea! Of course, the problems begin when you have to check to see if they are available.. Still, I went through pages of bookish quotes to give me ideas which included Shakespeare, Dickens and probably all the other big names you can think of!

2. Get the Family Stuck In
I actually enlisted my Mum to help me choose my blog name. We kind of just bounced ideas off each other and that's exactly how Weaving Pages were created. Now I can't even remember the other ideas I had, but at the time it was actually fun and amazingly helpful to have my Mum offer up suggestions. So bring your parents, siblings, friends and choose a name! It will surprise you how helpful they can be ;)

3. Think about the Meaning
What do you want your blog's name to convey? Brainstorm any messages that you want your name to get across because, afterall, that is what your blog is going to be known as from now on! For example, one of the reasons Weaving Pages works for me is because it is so versatile. Weaving Pages can talk about writing, reading, the pages of you life. I feel like it gives me a lot of options and doesn't constrain me at all. So think hard about what you want your blog's message to be, and express that in the name you choose!


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...