All That Glitters by Holly Smale | Weaving Pages: All That Glitters by Holly Smale

Wednesday, 15 April 2015

All That Glitters by Holly Smale

Hi Lovelies!

I was given this book for review from the lovely people at HarperCollins, so thank you to them for letting me review this because it was so enjoyable!


23296910
Title: All That Glitters
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl #4
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)
Publisher:HarperCollins Children's Books
Published: February 26th 2015
No. of Pages: 400
"My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek." The fourth book in the award-winning GEEK GIRL series. Harriet Manners has high hopes for the new school year: she's a Sixth Former now, and things are going to be different. But with Nat busy falling in love at college and Toby preoccupied with a Top Secret project, Harriet soon discovers that's not necessarily a good thing...-(Goodreads)
4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.
Ahhhh, how cute and fluffy and just amazing can this series be! By now, I know that I will never read one of Harriet's adventures and not find it funny or just so relatable. The book is perfect for any reader looking for a contemporary book, and I can guarantee that you will fly through it- I read it in a day! 

What really stuck out for me was that All That Glitters empathises perfectly with everyone who's ever felt like they should reinvent themselves. We all have an image of the person we want to be, whether they wear red heels or are the most sophisticated, popular person on the planet. The thing is -and this can be hard to realise- sometimes that is just not us. And it never will be. Sometimes we're just meant to be introverts or very talkative or kind of shy. A lot of people don' like heights, some can't sing to save their lives and others can't keep still. That's who you are though, and many times you don't need to change yourself. Learning to be and love that slightly crazy, awkward person is the change. All That Glitters really brought back a welcome reminder of that.

Another issue that was brought up was who your real friends are. No one is a stranger to false friends who are there for their own means, and in this book Harriet was full on bombarded with a bunch of them. It was honestly sad to see it happen to Harriet, who was so sweet and trusting all of the time. The thing is- she never means any harm to anyone at all, and is always seeing the best in people. That obviously lands her in a vast amount of awkward social situations, and it's painful to see that happen to her! I just want Harriet to have the best friends she can and be happy. 

Aww, HARRIET AND NICK. In terms of them, All That Glitters was a bit of a knife to the heart! I simply love my Lion Boy so much, not to mention that Nick and Harriet are absolutely perfect together. Inevitably, that teared my heart apart. I NEED NICK. Of course, I'm on the edge of my seat to know what happens with these two.

You all know what this means: you HAVE to go read this series! It's honestly so fun and sweet, but has just the right amount of relatable issues, which is what makes it such a great contemporary novel! My only complaint is that after four books, I kind of know what to expect from each adventure... It doesn't stop me from loving everything though!
All That Glitters will be relatable to anyone with it's stories of friendship and being yourself. How can you not love it!?


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...