Nailed It: The Selection Inspired Nails | Weaving Pages: Nailed It: The Selection Inspired Nails

Thursday, 19 March 2015

Nailed It: The Selection Inspired Nails

HELLO!!

I am SO SO excited for you guys to see this post! You see, I absolutely adore painting my nails. And doing my make-up. And my hair. I just find it a lot of fun! I also really love reading, so... I've put the two together and made a tutorial on how to do these Selection inspired nails! 

When I read The Selection a while ago, I spent quite sometime weeping over the feels, but also weeping over the absolutely gorgeous dresses. Seriously. Someone get me in one of those dresses so that I can pretend to be a Princess for a day and just bask in all the jewels and glitter. I'm even feeling pretty serious about getting a fancy dress and taking some photos inspired by The Selection... then I can pretend I'm in that gorgeous world. Now I just need a ballroom- any offers? 

Lets step away from my wild imagination for now and on with the post. Here's the steps you need to follow to get this look for your nails - if you do recreate it, please share photos with me on Twitter or Instagram! You can find me @WeavingPages for both and I would be so happy to know you enjoyed this. I'll be doing more of these book inspired nails soon, so feel free to tell me what you'd like to see! Just ask, and I'll attempt. :) Lets get started!
To begin with you'll need the following things: 
  • A copy of The Selection by Kiera Cass to read whilst your nails dry.
  • Nail Polish remover
  • Nail Polish in White, Blue, Silver and a Base Coat + Top Coat
  • A Striper brush OR a nail polish that includes one. (If you're not sure what I mean, see Step 4!)
  • A bobby pin or dotting tool
  • Nail Glue (OPTIONAL)
  • Some 3D Bows and Rhinestones (OPTIONAL)
Step 1: Begin by using a base coat to protect your nails. If you don't have this, you can skip it but it is worth buying.


Step 2: Paint all your nails (except your ring finger) white. Your ring finger needs to be painted a sparkly silver like above!
Step 3: Take your blue nail polish and put a blob of it on a piece of paper. Then take your bobby pin and dip the round end in. Use this to paint the nail on your little finger and thumb with polka dots.


Step 4:  This is where you need a striper or at least a small brush. I bought these nail varnishes a while ago that had a striper built in and generally use those, however you can buy a separate brush to use! You can also use a thin paint brush you might have lying around or cut one to make it thinner- just experiment!
Step 5: Using the striper make a series of curved lines like above. The idea is for it to look like a rose, so you just have to put the lines in a formation that makes them look like petals. In the simplest terms, it should look like a circle made of lines!


Step 6: This is the best part, a tiara! Start off by using a blue polish and make a line in the middle of your nail. It should start halfway up the nail and end right at the tip. Repeat this step on both sides of the line. This time, the lines should get shorter towards the edge of the nail. 
Step 7: Using a silver polish, fill in the spaces between each blue lines- if this description is tricky, refer to the pictures above to get a clearer idea!
Step 8: No tiara is complete without some jewels! Take a rhinestone and, using some clear nail varnish, stick it at the very top of your tiara.


Step 9: Take one of you bows and stick it on your nail using some nail glue or clear nail varnish. If you don;t want to use a bow, just paint one on or leave your nail glittery!
Step: Use a top coat to protect your nail designs and make everything shiny! And now enjoy having royal nails- I somehow ended up going on a bike ride with them! :D


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...