I Guess It's Time I Told You... I find Readathons Hard | Weaving Pages: I Guess It's Time I Told You... I find Readathons Hard

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

I Guess It's Time I Told You... I find Readathons Hard


Okay, Okay, I'm not sure if I find them hard or I just have bad luck but... I always do badly in them. Always.

I've done a few readathons in my blogging career and I have always managed to fail them. Like really fail them. Some people read ten books and consider 2 or 3 not doing very well. You know my record? ONE BOOK. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. I am obviously not blessed with readathon skills.

One possible cause for this, I guess, could be that I always end up being seriously busy. In the moment I sign-up, it tends to look like I might have a relatively stress free week. Then it gets to readathon time and all those exams, huge pieces of homework and general work hit me in the face like BAM! And how much time to read do I get? NONE. NONE. *Weeps*

I also have the luck of choosing the one book I'm not going to like on the first day of a readathon. This is what happened last time. I tried really hard to read it but. I. couldn't. make. it. through. it. Annnndddd... when I finally decided I was going to DNF? It was the end of the readathon.

So as you can see- I'm just not good at readathons. I have to read in my own time, in my own way otherwise EVERYTHING turns against me. Fun, fun, fun! 

Do you ever have that problem by any chance, or is it just me?!



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...