Things I Learned From YA #1 Survival | Weaving Pages: Things I Learned From YA #1 Survival

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Things I Learned From YA #1 Survival

#1. If I don't learn a survival skill soon, I'm pretty much done for if all my favourite YA books come to life.

All of us here have had a moment where we've gone: I WISH MY YA BOOKS COULD COME TO LIFE. Or at least, you'll have gone: WHY CAN'T I GO TO HOGWARTS AND BE HERMIONE GRANGER/HARRY POTTER/RON WEASLEY/INSERT HP CHARACTER NAME HERE. Am I right? Hmm? Well, I hope I am, since I'm still expecting a Hogwarts letter any day now...

Now that we've established that this happens, I have another theory. Have you ever been in the middle of reading an action/dystopian/filled with kick-ass scenes kind of book, and suddenly started convincing yourself that if you found yourself being chased by a group of people with spears you would be able to run with a badly wounded leg and climb a tree, all whilst dodging badly fired arrows? 
This will probably have convinced yourself of this, even if you don't realise it just yet. The thing is, it's hard to convince yourself that you wouldn't have a meltdown because whilst reading about a kick-ass hero or heroine, no one wants to be the character that starts hysterically panicking every three minutes.

But lets be honest. That would mostly be us. Still, no one wants to admit that which is why that due to The Hunger Games, whever you go out and see a tree, you instantly think SURVIVAL OPPURTUNITY. Then you find yourself slowly drifting towards the tree. Slowly...slowly... Then in a matter of seconds, you are attempting to climb it. After this stage, there are two possible scenarios:

1) You manage to defeat the tree and climb it victoriously, and go home with a pulled muscle but a nice sense of accomplishment that you might not actually be the first to die in The Hunger Games.

2) You wake up in A&E with broken bones, and really hope that you won't ever find yourself in The Hunger Games.

The same thing applies to Divergent: Pfff, of course I could be in Dauntless. Of course I could jump from a train. Obviously, I hope that in this scenario you just keep on believing you can jump from a train and DON'T ACTUALLY TRY IT, OKAY.

So what is the point of all this. In short: Learn how to climb a tree, shoot arrows, kick a bad guy in the face or just accept the fact that you would be done for in a YA book. It's what I've learned from YA. :D

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...