Grace and the Guiltless by Erin Johnson | Weaving Pages: Grace and the Guiltless by Erin Johnson

Monday, 13 October 2014

Grace and the Guiltless by Erin Johnson

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from the publisher, so thank you to the lovely people at Curious Fox! 



21416935
Title: Grace and the Guiltless
Author: Erin Johnson
Series: Grace and the Guiltless #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Curious Fox
Release Date: August 1st 2014
No. of Pages: 272


Grace Milton's peaceful life with her family on a horse ranch outside Tombstone, Arizona is shattered in one devastating night. Her family is brutally murdered by the notorious Guiltless Gang, leaving Grace the only survivor. Trekking into the wilderness on her stallion, Grace falls ill from the elements. A young man name Joe saves her life by taking her to an Apache camp where she learns about their way of life and begins to fall for Joe. When Grace encounters one of the Guiltless Gang, her strength will be tested. Can she survive as a bounty hunter, or will she fall into darkness again? This Western revenge epic will captivate teen readers with its ruthless spirit of suspense and adventure and a powerful central romance. -(Goodreads)
3.5 stars: Page thinks this book was good, but didn't
make him fly.


I've been quite lucky with some of the books I've read lately. Despite not finding myself particularly enthralled at first, the outcome as usually been pretty good, even if my feels have come out of the experience feeling a little hurt... XD

So anyway, lets talk about this book. It's been on my shelf for a while, and though things started off straight away with some pretty awful events (which consequently should have got you interested and invested from the beginning) I didn't find myself feeling too excited about the story. Luckily, this feeling wasn't meant to remain, and with the help of some great communities and the lovely Joe, I was on track to enjoy Grace's adventures, and that I did!

The community I'm talking about is that of the Ndeh, a tribal community out in the desert. To me, this was a really nice setting for the book, and I would honestly have enjoyed it if the whole book was set there, as the life and routine was very interesting and one of the best parts of the book.
Along with the community came the, of course. I really enjoyed all the different personalities and traits that there were throughout the tribe. You had wise-men, mothers, warriors, young women and a whole range of various kinds of people. The interesting thing though was watching them constantly work in unity, something that if I'm honest, we don't see much of all the time. It was nice. :)

I feel like I need to mention in more detail the lovely Joe. This character is the main love interest and whilst I'm not amazingly in love with him, he was a great addition to the book when I just wanted a good-looking guy in the book.

However, I do think I would like the characters to be a bit more developed. Whilst they had the beginnings of good characters, I felt that they didn't have much depth to them and were instead very 2D. For example, all I knew about Grace was that she was angry. She was completely consumed by this one thing, and it almost left no room for anything else. As a consequence, that tends to put you off a little, and I would really like her to move one from that.
Grace and the Guiltless had a really nice setting and community feeling, but I think that the characters need to be made more realistic.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...