A Monthly Recap: October | Weaving Pages: A Monthly Recap: October

Friday, 31 October 2014

A Monthly Recap: October


Hello Everyone!


How's your October been? I've definitely been enjoying the fact it's Halloween, but I guess since that's coming to a close we should start looking forward to bonfire night. ;) In terms of blogging and books, it's been okay. I've been quite a slow reader and nearly let the blog go unscheduled but I've managed to keep everything in order luckily. It's been tiring how busy I've been, and I'm certainly dreading the work actual exams are going to be.. Ah well. I'll worry about that when I get there. 

Reviews:
Awesome/Important Stuff:
Around the Blogosphere:
  • Jamie has done a post where she dresses up 5 of her favourite YA couples for Halloween. It is SUCH a good post, and so fun too! I love it!
  • Lucy talked about leaving your mark on books, and the history that often comes with a book. It's a very relatable post, and something that I think applies to every reader.
  • I'm in love with Mel's feature, Fairytale News, where she talks about everything to do with reading. I love it because it always gives me new books to be excited about and reminds me of any I should look forward to!
Favourite Book:

 20617636
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas

  • I Lived - OneRepublic: Omg, I love this song. It's inspirational, and really just gets to you. Listen to the lyrics carefully, and you'll be left feeling like you want to fly. The music video is also amazing, and I recommend you watch it. :)
  • Yellow Flicker Beat - Lorde: This song is so so so perfect for Mockingjay. I love the tone, and if you listen to the lyrics, there are so many references to the book that I just want to go and hug Lorde. 
  • Prayer in C - Lilly Wood & The Prick and Robin Schulz: How catchy is this? I just want to constantly dance to this and I can never get it out of my head. I just love it too much. 
  • Superheroes - The Script: This is another inspirational song, and as you can probably tell I love those. What I like about this one, though, is that it's more about the struggles of life and how you don't have to do something amazing to be a superhero. 
  • Out of the Woods - Taylor Swift: This is just so. good. I NEED her new album ASAP. I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan and I've loved all the songs I've heard so far, but I think I really like this one. I think it's the repetition and the beat. ;)
Take Away the Books:
  • IT'S HALLOOWEEENNNNN! I love Halloween- well, I love the dressing up. If you look out on twitter, you may see some Halloweeny conversations, but since this is scheduled, we'll see! ;)
  • I don't actually think I have much to say... Hmm.... OOH- I've been watching Agents of SHIELD!!!! IT'S SO GOOD BUT MY HEART IS BREAKING ALREADY.
I hope you have a really amazing November!! Please tell me about your October; Do you celebrate halloween? If so, what did you go as?

Bye! xx
 



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...