Top Ten Underrated Books in Young Adult | Weaving Pages: Top Ten Underrated Books in Young Adult

Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Top Ten Underrated Books in Young Adult

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and The Bookish


Top Ten Underrated Books in Young Adult (YES, I'M CHEATING, OKAY?)
Virals - Kathy Reichs
Virals is a really great adventure/mystery book, and part of an equally great series. I think a lot of people know about Kathy Reichs' adult series featuring Temperance "Bones" Brennan, but not many people know that she also has a YA series about Bones' niece. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the latest book in the Virals series, which I think a lot more people should know about.

The One Dollar Horse - Lauren St John
The One Dollar Horse is another YA book which I think should get more attention. I have read pretty much all of Lauren St John's children's books, and this Young Adult one is just as good. :)

The Madman's Daughter - Megan Shepherd
I wouldn't class this as underrated, exactly, but lots more people should read this! The Madman's Daughter is such a unique book, as well as a very dark and mysterious one. I'm eagerly awaiting the 3rd book in the series now, so this should definitely be read by more people.

Fated - Sarah Alderson
Sarah Alderson is an amazing author, but I'm not sure as many people have read the Fated series since the 2nd and 3rd books in the trilogy are self-published. Still, they're as great as any published work of hers and LUCCCAASSS!

You Wish - Mandy Hubbard
This book is HILARIOUS, and probably one of my favourite contemporary reads. I think I have a great love for pink ponies just because of it, and You Wish deserves so much more attention. Seriously. PINK PONIES FOR THE WIN.

Trapped - Isla Whitcroft
This is another really good actiony-type book, and once again, I still haven't got my hands on the 3rd one! I really enjoyed this back when I read, and I'm sure I'd still love it now!

Hitler's Angel - William Osborne
I read this, and then spent the next week attempting to find any shred of evidence that there was a sequel. Spoiler: There isn't as far as I know. Despite this disappointing detail, THIS IS SUCH A GREAT BOOK. Read It.

ACID - Emma Pass
This is such a great dystopian book, and the protagonist is SO badass! Not to mention it's UKYA, so if you want to support that, read this!

That Burning Summer - Lydia Syson
I do love historical fiction, and I think this book is a great portrayal of life at home during the war, as well as lots of different aspects too. :)

Fire - Heather James
This book is self-published, pretty awesome, and will kill your feels with ships. Seriously. I'm not even going to detail but the ships...

Do you agree/disagree with anything on this list? And did you like the graphic? Tell me if so and I might make more next time!


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...