The Reading Habits Tag | Weaving Pages: The Reading Habits Tag

Monday, 4 August 2014

The Reading Habits Tag


Hello Everyone!

Holly from A Daydreamer's Thoughts tagged me, so here we go! The people I tag are listed at the end. :)

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I like reading in the living room or in my room. I'm more comfortable in my room because I have all my cuddly toys and my bed there, but then I also like be surrounded by my family so I also like reading in the living room where we're all together. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Well... This changes from time to time. Somethings, if I can be bothered enough to find a bookmark or if I have one with me, I'll use one. However, whenever I've lost it or can't find one, I'll just use a random piece of paper, because ain't nobody got time for that. Oooh! I have a story for you: The other day I bought a second hand book and it had the stub of a plane ticket inside it.  And they all lived happily ever after. Bye.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I can just stop. Simples. Wow, this is a short answer. I feel like I should be offering some really philosophical explanation into why I can just stop, but nothing is coming to me. Maybe I'll list types of unicorns? Pink unicorn, rainbow unicorn, glitterly unicorn, blue unicorn, flying unicorn, green unicorn, DUCK.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Occaisonally, yes, but usually, no. It's because I usually read at night when I'm in bed so unless I want to attempt to fall asleep on the bed-filled-with-crumbs-of-pain, I just read. I like sleeping in a comfy bed, thank you very much.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
If music is playing or the TV is on, then I can still read at the same time. Otherwise, I don't usually listen to music or have the TV on whilst I read. The only problem is that sometimes I end up getting distracted, but this problem is worse when it comes to music, because I start listening to the lyrics and BAM! that's my reading time gone. XD

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I only read one book at a time. If I start reading another alongside the one I'm already reading, I usually lose interest in one or the other, and it kind of spoils the whole reading experience for me. Plus, because of reviews, I find it easier to have my thoughts only on one book. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

EVERYWHERE. Books just have a knack for being with me most of the time, because you never know when you'll get time to read. Annoyingly, the days I actually get time to read are the occasions where I've forgotten a book.. Hmph. 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. I only read out loud if I'm reading to someone. 

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?

I used to flick through a book to get glimpses of what would happen, but then I would spoil myself so I stopped. Right now, I do read ahead and skip pages, but only if I'm hating the book but I still want to review it (I don't do DNF reviews..) .

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

I don't think I've broken the spine of a book before, apart from when completing my Wreck This Journal. My books to get lines on the spine, but that's almost impossible to avoid, so I don't mind. 

11. Do you write in your books?

I used to write my name in my books, alongside the date and where I got it, but last Christmas I got two stamps; one lets me stamp the date, and the other is personalised with my name, so I just stamp my books now. The only other time I have written in a book is in my copy of The Shadowhunter's Codex. The characters have 
written annotations in the margins, so I decided to add my own spoilery ones.

12. What are you currently reading?
(This is scheduled, by the way..) I'm reading The Fearless by Emma Pass

I hope you enjoyed that! I tag:

Zoe @ Bookhi
Georgia @ The Books Bandit

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...