Blue by Lisa Glass | Weaving Pages: Blue by Lisa Glass

Friday, 8 August 2014

Blue by Lisa Glass

Hello Everyone!

I got this book from the publisher via Netgalley so thank you to them for letting me review this! I have three words for you: HOT SURFER GUYS. 

22008489
Title: Blue
Author: Lisa Glass
Series: Blue #1 
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)
Publisher: Quercus Books
Release Date: May 29th 2014
No. of Pages: 375

Surfing is sixteen-year-old Iris’s world, and when the ultra-talented Zeke walks into her life, it soon becomes her passion.

Over one amazing summer, as she is drawn into his sphere, she experiences love, new friendships, but also loss, with an intensity she never dreamed of.

But is Zeke all he seems? What hides beneath his glamorous and mysterious past? When Iris decides to try for her own surfing success, just as her ex-boyfriend comes back into her life, she will test her talent, and her feelings for Zeke, to the limit… (Goodreads.) 



4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.


I first learned about this book on Debbie's blog, Snuglling on the Sofa. After reading her review, I decided to request this, and I'm very glad I did, so THANK YOU DEBBIE FOR MAKING ME READ THIS. *hugs*

The main reason as to why I picked this up was the promise of surfing. It was one of my favourite aspects of the whole book, because I would LOVE to surf, and I am determined that one day I will. For now, I had to live my little fantasy through Lisa Glass' wonderful book. I learned so much from this novel, in the way that I felt like a professional surfer was telling me all that there is to know about the sport and what it's actually like. I discovered all the unspoken rules, the exhilarating feeling that you get and even the downsides and the dangers. I simply adored all of the details and they made me want to learn to surf SO badly.~

I have only two bits of small criticism for this book. I did feel that some bits of the book could have been clearer- I never did find out which brother was Wes and which one was Garrett based solely on their descriptions -and that the ending could have been a bit better and less idealistic. I felt that what happened was veru unlikely to happen in real life, and that it only did happen because the author needed the book to end that way so as to carry on the series. I will say that it did end fairly and as it should have, though. Also, I'm really looking forward to the sequel! Apart from those two things, I really enjoyed everything else.

Another of my favourite aspects was the fact that the characters were all different, there was a great variety of characters and situations. To make this even better, this was something that was revealed as the story went on, as opposed to it all being dumped on the reader at the beginning, which is never good.
     Out of all  the characters, Zeke and his family were my favourites. If I'm going to select just one person out of them, however, I would choose Zeke's nana because she is AWESOME.  She was probably the coolest surfer to ever step foot on that beach and I loved her for it. *high fives Nana*

I would advise you to prepare yourself for a certain scene towards the end. I WAS IN DENIAL over what was happening, but thankfully things got better. I had tears creeping into my eyes, and I was expecting this to be a kind of happy go lucky summery book. Apparently I was either a) Wrong or b) unaware of the fact that these books are STILL ALLOWED TO MESS WITH MY FEELINGS. Either way, I have warned you for when I book push you to read this.
Despite some weaknesses in the plot, I found Blue to have a great variety of characters as well as making me want to surf SO BADLY. *runs away with surfboard*

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...