Literature's Language: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Weaving Pages: Literature's Language: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Sunday, 13 July 2014

Literature's Language: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Hello Everyone!

As you'll probably already know if you've read this blog for a while, I am Portuguese. This means I am bilingual and speak two languages fluently. I wanted some way to share my language with you on my blog, so I thought of this. 'This' is basically me taking a book and showing you the cover and title in a different language. Then, I re-translate the title so that you can see the literal translation of the title in a different language. If this is confusing, you'll see in a bit what I mean... For Portuguese, I can translate it correctly, but for all the other languages I have to use google translate so please correct me if I'm wrong- I don't mean to offend anyone if I do! Hopefully this will be interesting for you, but make sure to tell me what you think and if you want to see more! Todays choice is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- ENJOY!
It's quite cool, isn't it? Kind of different, but you get the same feeling.

This is very different, right? It still has the theme of stars, which I expect will happen regardless of the language, but it's definitely different to the original title. Interestingly, like the Portuguese title, I feel like you still get the same sort of feeling.

Okay, I just gave up on google translate. Luckily, I know some French from school meaning I was able to tell the translation I was being given wasn't right. Finally, I found a site that was giving me what I think is the correct translation.. *shakes head at google* Anyway, I seem to be right about the Stars theme!

My German skills are literally non-existent. Seriously. I was terrible in German lessons. So, off I went to use Google Translate along with the other website I found. The above translation is what google gave me and I used it because it seemed to make the most sense, even though they were pretty much the same- tell me if it's wrong! I really enjoy this title. I feel like it fits Gus and Hazel's sense of humour, but it doesn't fit my theory about the stars theme! Still- it's cool! :)

I hope you enjoyed this! I think things will start to get pretty funny as I start venturing into less common languages.. we'll see how that goes.. I might need to employ some elves!

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...