DIY: Book Jar | Weaving Pages: DIY: Book Jar

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

DIY: Book Jar

Hello Everyone!

One of my biggest bookish problems is deciding what I should read next. I feel like there are some things I should read because a publisher has sent them to me, but then I don't feel like reading them at that moment and it's just so complicated... 
     This DIY has been flying around the internet for agggeeeess, but I thought that maybe I should try it out, and share it with you to see if we can put some of our bookish problems to rest for ever! Enjoy, and I would love to see photos of your recreations if you try this out! Just tweet me @WeavingPages

You Will Need:
  • A Pen
  • Paper
  • A Jar
  • Patterned Paper/Magazine Scraps
  • Fabric Scraps/Ribbon
  • Glue


The first thing I did was write out all the books on my TBR pile. Alternatively, you can write out the books you want to buy if your TBR pile isn't too big at the moment. :)


I then cut the book titles out and folded them once or twice. Afterwards, I placed them in this jar I had around my house.


I found an old magazine and scoured it for any interesting designs. I had a little round pot that was around the size of the top of my jar lid, and as I went through my magazine, I drew around it on any designs I liked. In the end, I decided on the blue coral one, and saved the others for another time.


After setting my paper pattern aside, I found this piece of fabric and cut it into a long strip. I took my glue (I used Mod Podge) and drew a line around the outside of the jar with it. I took my strip of fabric and adhered it to this line of glue, tying a ribbon with the fabric I had left.


As the fabric dried, I took the Mod Podge and used it to stick my paper to my lid. Mod Podge dries clear and has a nice finish, meaning that I also placed it on the surface of the paper too.


This is my end result! I love the contrast of the blue with the gold, and I'm hoping this might help me to choose which book to read next!! So far, I've used this to pick out prisoner of night and fog, and each time I get a new book I'll add it to my jar.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...