Discussion with an Eight Year Old: Book Spoilers | Weaving Pages: Discussion with an Eight Year Old: Book Spoilers

Monday, 7 July 2014

Discussion with an Eight Year Old: Book Spoilers


Discussion with an Eight Old is basically a discussion feature where I talk to my eight year old sister, Inês, about a certain topic. I hope you enjoy it!

Topic: Book Spoilers

Rita: I did a survey lately, and I asked what people wanted to see more of. A popular answer was that you wanted more Discussions, in particular with my sister, so here we are today to grant your wishes! Also, if you love Inês that much, look out for #sistakesover where I'm letting her occasionally take over my twitter. It's proved... interesting... so far.. Anyway, lets start the discussion!! Inês, is there a certain event you'd like to confess to when I received my copy of City of Heavenly Fire back in June..?

Inês: I'm nine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita: Okay, but for the purpose of this blog you're staying 8 forever.. Anyway, CONFESS.

Inês: Squishy.

Rita: NO. NOT SQUISHY. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Inês: NEVER.

Rita: ANSWER.

Inês: I tried to read some lines ... I'VE ANSWERED.

Rita: More specifically, YOU CHASED ME ROUND THE HOUSE TRYING TO READ LINES FROM THE END. I HAD TO HIDE. I WAS TRAUMATISED.

Inês: Ines is not here. Please leave a message after the beep. *beep*

Rita: REALLY!? 

Inês: If you want to talk to Inês, press 1.

Rita: My sister has become an answering machine. Yay. *presses one*

Inês: Okay, I'm back. Oh yeah... I did chase you, didn't I? Sorry. *laughs*

Rita: Hmph... Apology accepted. I am such a kind sister, right?

Inês: NEVER.

Rita: You love me, really. Anyway, have you ever been spoiled by someone?

Inês: I don't know..

Rita: I assume that since you're not on the internet as much, it's much harder to get spoiled! Still, I know that sometimes you ask me to tell you what happens a book. Why? Wouldn't you rather wait to read them when you're older?

Inês: Because I'm curious. It's really mysterious too and I want to know what happens.

Rita: I know how you feel. Sometimes I really want to know what happens and I don't want to wait to have to get my hands on the book.. It can be really hard to resist spoilers!! 

Rita: Since you've never been spoiled before, how do you think you would feel if someone told you something important about a book that you hadn't read?

Inês: I'd still read the book, but I'd be kind of annoyed.

Rita: Kind of? Why's that? It's just that when it happens to me, I get REALLY annoyed. For example, I still haven't read the next two books in The Maze Runner series, and then someone spoiled it (A random person..) on twitter, and it made me really annoyed. My instant reaction is: SPOILER. MY EYES ARE BURNING.

Inês: Well, seeing a spoiler does make a difference, but I would try to forget it so I wouldn't be that annoyed. Rita gets very annoyed and runs around crazily. If she gets an offer to meet an author, she screams in the car. I've seen it happen.

Rita: Yep, that's me and my fangirl tendencies. That'll have to be a discussion for another time, though.. I might just let Inês write a post on how crazy she thinks I am. On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, how insane am I?

Inês: Ten. 

Rita: Ten isn't on the scale. Ten is the equivalent of Voldemort.

Inês: Oh sorry, then 5.

Rita: This is actually very promising- my own sister believes I am less crazy than Voldemort. Wow, we have gone off track.. Inês, would you like to sum up this discussion in 5 words?

Inês: Squishy. Books. Five. You-Know-Who. Crazy.

Rita: Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.

Inês: Fine. VOLDEMORT. You made Squishy afraid. And Scruffy.

Rita: *hugs*

Have you been spoiled before? How did it make you feel? Tell me in the comments, and I may even get Ines to reply to you!
 Bye!! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...