Farewell From A Reader: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare | Weaving Pages: Farewell From A Reader: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Monday, 16 June 2014

Farewell From A Reader: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Hello Everyone!

So here I am... Casually trying to get through this Book Hangover because MY FEELS ARE BIGGER THAN THIS BOOK. AND THIS BOOK IS SO BIG IT COULD CRUSH ME. (Credit to Zoe for coming up with that!) Luckily, my most highly anticipated book of the year was perfect. I would give it more than 5 stars. Here's my letter of farewell to such an amazing series:

8755785
Title: City of Heavenly Fire
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #6
Source: Bold 
Publisher: Walker Books
Published: May 28th 2014
No. of Pages: 733


Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last instalment of the internationally bestselling The Mortal Instruments series.

Erchomai, Sebastian had said. I am coming.
Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in this world can defeat him - must they journey to another world to find the chance? -(Goodreads)

 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.
Dear City of Heavenly Fire,

It is not often that you find a book- even rarer a series -that has you wrapped around each and every word, loving each and every character and fighting alongside them. It's a gift to be able to make so many people, each one different, cry because of the affection they hold for you. That's why CoHF, I have so much adoration for you.

An even bigger talent, however, is being able to bring in characters who I have already attached myself to, and some that I have yet to know, and make me love them just as much as I already love the ones that reside in you. So many of the tears I shed were for Tessa, Will and a dear character who's name I shall not mention so as not to spoil TID. Another fraction of my tears dripped down my face for Emma and Jules. I do not know them very well yet, but I already love their brave hearts. They were so young- they should never have had to go through what they did. It's safe to say I carried away even more friends after reading you, CoHF.

Though, as you now know, I often found myself floating in tears of pain- caused by my dear friend nostalgia and loves long lost -it is almost alien that as I place you with upon my shelf, I cry tears of overwhelming love and happiness. I am thankful for your ending, you see, as I could never have wished to have been graced with a better one.

As is obvious by now, I love each of your characters as I love you, CoHF. I love them for they have become my friends, and I appreciate every part of them- both good and bad -for they show undying strength that I hope than I can share.
Clary and Jace I love for their love and faith in one another, something that never fails to light a candle of hope whatever their situations.
Simon I love for his undying loyalty. Izzy I love for though she is reluctant to love, when she does it is with her whole heart.
Alec I love because he shows so many emotions by his actions, and Magnus I love for his ability to remind me that we can always sprinkle a little glitter on the darkest of things.

Last of all, CoHF, I wish to thank you. It may seem like a mundane reason but to me it holds so much importance: You electrify my veins with inspiration. When I read you, some of the tears that come to my eyes are brought by the fact that you show me one of my biggest dreams. You show me the words of a single person managing to bring joy, love and tears to people everywhere, no matter who they are. It's a special situation that for now I can only dream of and hope for- but it's also one that I am determined to experience for myself. I dream that one day, I will also bring people together through my own arrangements of 26 characters.

There will be those who shall choose to dismiss you as a simple fantasy, City of Heavenly Fire, but I am prepared for that. To them I tell one of the best things you can teach someone: "All the stories are true." For whatever we believe, what we need to remember is that in the hearts of countless people you shall always be alive and real. 

This isn't goodbye, City of Heavenly Fire, this is a see you again soon.

Love, Rita


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...