Bookish Events: Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan | Weaving Pages: Bookish Events: Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

Friday, 6 June 2014

Bookish Events: Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay on my posts- I'm trying to get my act together when it comes to blogging, so I'm going to hopefully sit down one day soon and write like the apocalypse is coming... even though I have to learn French, Spanish and History for some upcoming tests.. >.<

All complaining aside, I GOT TO MEET CASSANDRA CLARE! IT WAS AMAZING AND I MET SARAH REES BRENNAN AGAIN, AND ASDFGHJKL... *starts singing* Lets start from the very beginning...

The day before Wednesday, I did my nails in preperation for the event, so here's a quick photo to see what you think: 


Soooo... On Wednesday I rushed to the train station after a restless day because EEEEKKKK I WAS GOING TO MEET CASSIE. CLARE. CASSIE CLARE. I was in fits of excitement all day. Whilst waiting for the train, these photos ensued: 

Once I got there, there was already a line outside!! Luckily, I was quite early and got a seat near the front! I was meeting Kayleigh from K-Books there, but more about her later (SHE'S AWESOME!) At 5 O'clock, we went in and sat down, then Cassie and Sarah came on stage- I was instantly buzzing with excitement like a bee on energy drinks. Sarah and Cassie read some voicemails a certain character had left on another character's phone, which caused a lot of 'Awwww!'s and laughs! Then they started taking questions. I few of my feels were hit because of previous books, but luckily there were no CoHf spoilers as I haven't yet finished it! (I DON'T WANT TO!) 

There was a extremely hilarious point where both Cassie and Sarah started acting out things with there water bottles, earning A LOAD of laughs from the audience! It was positively awesome madness!

 After that, the Q&A was over way too soon- to me it seemed like it was only 10 minutes, but it was loaaaddss more. Then it was time for the signing. With so many people, we couldn't get any posed photos, but we did get to have two books signed- one personalised. I chose Clockwork Princess and City of Heavenly Fire, and then I bought Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan so I could have the whole Lynburn Legacy series. I got to talk to Cassie quickly, where I managed to certify that Isabelle Lightwood has some Portuguese blood, as her great-grandfather married a Portuguese Shadowhunter! I have a theory that's probably where she gets her dark eyes from, so as you can imagine, it resulted in a very happy Rita!

Like I said, Sarah also signed my book, and along with it she gave me Jared's penny necklace! It's AWESOME and I have worn it loads already!

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, however this ended on a great note as I managed to talk to Kayleigh! She is so lovely and sweet, and I LOVED TALKING TO YOU, KAYLEIGH! I realised when we got home that I forgot to take a photo with her *Facepalm* but NEXT TIME!

I really hope you enjoyed this recap of events, and hopefully I'll get to meet Cassie again one day!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...