First Loves Blog Tour: Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard | Weaving Pages: First Loves Blog Tour: Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard

Monday, 26 May 2014

First Loves Blog Tour: Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard

First Loves Blog Tour: Fool Me Twice.
Hello Everyone!
Today, as part of the First Loves blog tour, I'm sharing with you my review of the first book in the 'If Only..' series. Thank you to Bloomsbury for involving me in the blog tour! As always, Enjoy!
18594538
Title: Fool Me Twice
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Series: If Only... #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Release Date: June 5th 2014
No. of Pages: 272


Mackenzie and Landon were the perfect couple . . . until he dumped her and broke her heart. Fast-forward a year and they're back where they first met—Serenity Ranch and Spa, where they are once again working together for the summer. Talk about awkward.

Then, Landon takes a nasty fall and gets amnesia. Suddenly, he’s stuck in the past—literally. His most recent memory is of last summer, when he and Mack were still together, so now he’s calling her pet names and hanging all over her. It's the perfect chance for revenge. The plan is simple: keep Landon at arm’s length, manipulate him so he’s the one falling love, and then BAM, dump him. There’s just one problem: Mack can’t fall for Landon all over again.

The If Only romance line is all about wanting what you can't have, and Mandy Hubbard's hilarious break-up/love story is sure to captivate anyone who has ever wished for a second shot at love.
-(Goodreads)
4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.

Read My Review Under the Cut!

Being a fan of cutesy romances and books in general, I instantly took the chance to partake in this blog tour and review the first two books in the If Only... line. This, evidently, was a good choice of mine since the world decided to give me the pleasure of glorious-blue-sky days during which I could read this wonderfully sunny romance!

Since I am the amazing person that I am, I somehow managed to not realise that this book was written by the wonderful Mandy Hubbard. However, once I realised this detail, it did put a smile on my face as I could tell what would be in store. Annddddd, I was right: Mandy Hubbard once again managed to make me subtly laugh and write such a cute romance that cause smiles galore! Also, I must mention the ponies. PONIES. Mandy Hubbard makes me have an inexplicable love for ponies, and since it's inexplicable you should read this so you we can theorise why.
Now, lets get off the subject of ponies and onto the subject of pranks. The pranks had to be one of the highlights of this book. Landon and Mackenzie just kept catching each other off guard and making me laugh and squeal from all the cuteness. My favourite prank was probably a certain incident involving mouse traps. That was very funny to read, and I can only imagine that it was even funnier for Mack and Bailey to watch!
I think that out of all the characters in the book, Bailey ended up being my favourite. I thought that she was funny, mischievous and determined, which definitely made her the perfect best friend for Mack. I know that quite a lot of people detest the 'Mean-BFF' character in books, so if that applies to you, definitely go and read this book. 
I think that in general, I quite liked all the characters in the book. I liked Mack's style and personality. There's a quote that Mack says that to me sums her up completely, but I can't find it. I think that more or less it's "I guess I'm more of a lover than a flirter." I'm getting all paranoid that this quote is not actually in the book and that I somehow made it up now.. XD

I was actually quite surprised by the ending! Throughout the whole book, I had a bit of a sinking feeling in terms of what would happen to Mackenzie and Landon, because to me, they were sososo cute together. I'm not going to reveal anything though, but I'll let it be noted that it was the ending they deserved!
 Fool Me Twice is perfect for when the sun's out and you want a cutesy romance to go with it!

Tomorrow as part of the blog tour I'm posting my review and a chapter of Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae. You can view a Q&A with Mandy Hubbard here, and a chapter extract of this book, here. Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...