Letter From a Reader: If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch | Weaving Pages: Letter From a Reader: If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Letter From a Reader: If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Hello Everyone!!

I received this book from the lovely publishers, Indigo. Thank you to them for giving it to me for review! I am so, so, so happy that I got the chance to read it.
20810072

Title: 
If You Find Me

Author: Emily Murdoch
Series: N/A 
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Indigo
Published: March 26th 2013
No. of Pages: 314
Carey is keeping a terrible secret. If she tells, it could destroy her future. If she doesn't, will she ever be free?

For almost as long as she can remember, Carey has lived in the heart of the woods with her drug-addicted mother and six-year-old sister, Jenessa.

Their mother routinely disappears for weeks at a time, leaving the girls to cope alone. Survival is Carey's only priority - until strangers arrive and everything changes...
. -(Goodreads)

 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.



Dear If You Find Me,

I have fallen in love with your words and your power. I have fallen in love with the way that you made me feel each and every emotion that I know it is possible to feel. And more. I felt love, the joy of relief and safety and a world of empathy. I also felt the more unfortunate feelings, such as hate and overwhelming anger.
The latter feelings weren't directed at you, If You Find Me. No. Those were reserved for my disgust and utter hatred at the things those girls had been through. At the fact that when they should have felt nothing but safety and love, they were experiencing nothing but lies and loneliness. I was so angry. After all, by your last page, If You Find Me, Carey and Jenessa were my sisters too.

If You Find Me, you showed me the effects of someones bad decisions on their friends, family and all those that they touch indirectly. You showed me that we should not only strive to be brave, kind and good people for ourselves, but we should strive to have those qualities for the sake of others too. We never realise just how many hearts we touch, do we? Carey and Jenessa's mother made some terrible mistakes. I don't know if I can find it in myself to forgive her, but to Carey and Jenessa, she will always be their mother and I feel as though deep, deep down, she did love them. It was just extremely sad that she never showed it.

My heart filled with love at Carey and Jenessa's relationship, If You Find Me. It was the light in those dark, dark woods- the light that set up home in my heart and eventually grew to fill it with my happiness for the girls. I'm so grateful to Carey for all that she did for Jenessa. I feel as though she saved her, and that now little Jenessa has a chance at filling her mind with new hopes and dreams instead of permanently living in an insufferable nightmare. As for Carey, I have faith that she too will be able to put the past behind her and will be able to look in the mirror and see the wonderful person that she already is. One of the things I value the most is the relationship between siblings, If You Find Me, and you painted the perfect picture of just how valuable it is.

I was so grateful for Carey and Jenessa's new found family, If You Find Me. I feel as though I need to thank them for being the family that Carey and Jenessa so badly needed. I need to thank Melissa for showing them what a mother should be like and at the same time understanding that to Carey and Jenessa, their mother wasn't some awful person like the world thought. She was all they had ever known. I am grateful to their father for never ever giving up on them. For showing them that no matter where they were, someone would always be thinking of them. I want to thank Delaney for eventually becoming another sister to Carey and Jenessa, and for showing that even if you are mean and awful at the start, it's your choice whether or not you change at the end.

Finally, If You Find Me, I want to say a few things to the girls themselves.
Jenessa: I want you to grow up to be the most amazing person ever. To fulfil your dreams and to speak, to sing, to dance and to be free. Also, keep rocking the pink!
Carey: Keep playing those notes, sweetheart. This time though, I want to only hear those happy and joyful notes. None of those sad ones.

Love,




rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...