Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen | Weaving Pages: Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen

Friday, 11 April 2014

Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from the author for review, but as always, this doesn't affect my review! 
16135535

 Title: Awakening Foster Kelly
Author: Cara Rosalie Olsen
Series: N/A 
Source: Author
Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: 22nd June 2013
No. of Pages: 672


If only a pile of wayward curls and the inability to stay on her feet were seventeen year-old Foster Kelly’s most pressing concerns. Unfortunately, stubborn hair and clumsiness is just the tip of it. It was only a mistake, but when at the age of five Foster is told “You don’t belong here” the result is one broken heart. These four carelessly spoken words have shaped and shadowed Foster, and now—a senior at Shorecliffs High School—she seeks the wallflower’s existence, denying herself the most casual of friendships, much too afraid that someone will see what Foster believes is certain: she does not belong anywhere – or with anyone. This reality would continue to suit her just fine, however . . .

Love has a long-standing history of undoing broken hearts.

Like a comet, an unexpected arrival knocks Foster out of the crowded, starry sky, sending her directly into the limelight. Exposed and afraid, she will attempt to regain anonymity; but it isn’t so easy now that someone is watching. He pursues this shy enigma, confronting Foster’s deepest fears head-on, and in the process falls wholly and completely in love with her. But there is something he is not saying; a secret capable of certain ruin. There are two probable outcomes: either he will break her heart once and for all, or he will heal it.

4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.



As soon as I read the blurb of this book, I was super excited to read it! It just seemed like one of those cute, but at the same time, sort of inspirational romances. Now that I've finished it, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read it!

The first thing that struck me from the minute I read the first page is how beautiful the writing is. I felt as though each word had been so carefully thought out in its meaning and placing so as to form such beautiful sentences. I have been keeping a 'Book of Quotes' lately, where I write all my favourite quotes down. This book has filled up at least one or two pages, because there are so many beautiful passages and quotes that I JUST COULDN'T CONTAIN MY LOVE. Seriously, I adored the writing SO. MUCH.

Almost as enjoyable as the writing was the romance. It was slow-burning and sweet, and I'm sure it is part of some conspiracy to kill me with suspense. I loved Dominic and Foster's relationship so much that I had my kindle with me at all times so that I could read what was happening. It was honestly addictive, and I loved it!

I loved, loved, LOVED the character development throughout the whole of the book. I felt that it was a huge part of the book and because of that, I ended up feeling like I was following the character's journey as I read the book- a feeling that is sometimes missing in some books. What I also loved about the character development was how it was caused or influenced by the other characters. I felt as though they all had a significant impact on each other, which led me to feel as though every single character was important to the story line- none of them served no purpose, in my opinion.

The only thing that let this book down for me was the ending. It had me so, so, so confused. I had no idea what on earth had just happened and it kind of just annoyed me a bit. I was kind of sad that I had enjoyed the book so much, and then I had gotten to the ending and thought: "What?" Though I ended up kind of getting the gist, I was still kind of confused...
Awakening Foster Kelly was a poetic, addictive tale of romance and finding yourself, but unfortunately, I was let down by a confusing ending. I would definitely recommend it despite it!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...