Scarlet by Marissa Meyer | Weaving Pages: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Hello Everyone!

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher, so thank you to Penguin Books from sending this to me! Meanwhile, I have SO MUCH LOVE for this series.

13206760
Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Puffin Books
Published: February 7th 2013
No. of Pages: 452


Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. The police have closed her case. The only person Scarlet can turn to is Wolf, a street fighter she does not trust, but they are drawn to each other.

Meanwhile, in New Beijing, Cinder will become the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive – when she breaks out of prison to stay one step ahead of vicious Queen Levana.

As Scarlet and Wolf expose one mystery, they encounter Cinder and a new one unravels. Together they must challenge the evil queen, who will stop at nothing to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner . . .
-(Goodreads)



 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

OH GOSH. Don't let me get started on my feelings for I have to many. AND THIS BOOK IS TO BLAME. That's why I love it so much.

The one thought that constantly ran through my head whilst reading this was the characters. Just.. I am at loss of how much I love them and at how well crafted they are. You see, they are based on fairytale characters: Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and from Cress's cover I can gather that the next character is based on Rapunzel. However, what makes these characters so special, is that ultimately, they aren't those characters. Yes, they have been inspired by them, but Marissa has taken them into her hands and with her use of words, she has made them hers. Not Cinderella, Red Riding Hood or Rapunzel, but Cinder, Scarlet and Cress. This is why Meyer puts me at awe with her books. I have so much love for these characters.

I will admit that upon learning that Scarlet contained another character, I was a bit worried I wouldn't being seeing as much of Cinder and that would put a damper on my enjoyment of the book but... I CAN DECLARE IT WAS JUST AS AWESOME. Scarlet became a part of the storyline seamlessly and I found myself adoring her role in the book. I actually felt like she'd always been a part of the story, like Cinder, and though she was so different to Cinder, I adored her all the same.

Since I'm already on the topic of Scarlet, I have to put it out there that she has such an amazing relationship with her grandmother. They both had a tremendous amount of love to each other, and this actually ended up bringing a tear to my eye, because I think there is a quite specific seen where you realise just how much they mean to one another. In other words, it will probably make you cry at least a teensy bit- unless you have no soul in which case.. [INSERT SUPERNATURAL PUN HERE]

I'm going to apologise for the use of Caps Lock right now, because I think we all know what's coming next... SO MANY OTPS AND FEELINGS. You may have seen me raving about this on Twitter because I just had SO MANY FEELINGS THROUGHOUT THE BOOK AND I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SHIP KAI AND CINDER BUT I DIDN'T EVEN GET ONE SINGLE KISS IN THIS BOOK. THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CRY. CRY. CRY. AND THEN PEOPLE KEPT SCARING ME WITH THEIR THORNE AND CINDER SHIPS AND THOUGH I LOVE THORNE THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN OR I SHALL SIT IN A CORNER AND CRY. *deep breaths*

On the bright side MY SCARLET AND WOLF SHIP IS AWESOME. *does happy dance and skips into a rainbow.*
Scarlet contained beautifully crafted characters that never failed to capture my heart.


Bye!xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...