Cress by Marissa Meyer | Weaving Pages: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Hello Everyone!!

Make way for a review of one of my favourite books ever! Also, thank you to the lovely people at Penguin Books for sending it to me for review.





18716399Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Puffin Books
Published: February 6th 2014
No. of Pages: 550


Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
-(Goodreads)



 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.
 

I just finished Cress, and ASDFGHJKL IT WAS SO PERFECT AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MANY. I AM OVERWHELMED.

I feel like I can't begin to describe just how much I adore this whole series, not to mention this book. Cress has actually become my favourite installment because I spent the period of time I was reading it basically wanting to jump through fields of rainbows because I was so in love with it. 
Despite the happiness this series brings me, I adore the suspense, action and adventure that all three of the books offer, and before Cress, I didn't think this series could get any better. I WAS WRONG. I promise that you will be constantly on the edge of your seat as you read this- It's inevitable.

I may already have mentioned this, but this book honestly contains some of my favourite characters. I JUST LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH. Marissa Meyer has made sure that they're all so diverse, to the point that I never get tired of reading about their different thoughts and situations. I spend my time shipping them all, as well as desperately wanting to keep them out of harms way, BECAUSE I LOVE THEM TOO MUCH. ....And I think I've mentioned that enough..

As you may expect from the title, in this book we meet Cress, and she is AWESOME. She is such an amazing addition to the series, and out of all the female characters in the book, she may even be my favourite- but I'm not sure if I can pick..! One of my favourite things about her was the way that she used her imagination to help herself through nerve-wracking situations. She brought so many things to the pool of characters such as, obviously, her amazing hacking skills but as well the fact that she has a certain lightness about her that I feel provides some relief from all their daunting situations. She was always so awestruck by the world around her that she instantly captured my heart.

Onto to the subject of OTPs- I HAVE TOO MANY. I adore Scarlett and Wolf, as well as Cinder and Kai, and now... CRESS AND THORNE. I SHIP THEM MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. THEY ARE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER AND THEY ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER, AND IF YOU DON'T SHIP THEM YOU HAVE NO SOUL. I spent this book having to constantly stop reading because my feelings were going to be the end of me.

Oh, and my original OTP of the series- Kai and Cinder. I AM SO HAPPY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM. HAPPY. HAPPY. HAPPY. HAPPY.
 Cress will have you wrapped around its little finger by the time you read the last page, with its amazing characters, couples and action.

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...