Pawn by Aimee Carter | Weaving Pages: Pawn by Aimee Carter

Friday, 28 February 2014

Pawn by Aimee Carter

Hello Everyone!

I got this book for review from the publisher via Netgalley, so thank you to them for letting me review it!

10838787
Title: Pawn
Author: Aimee Carter
Series: The Blackcoat Rebellion #1
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: November 26th 2013
No. of Pages: 346

YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand. -(Goodreads)

4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.

I think I've mentioned this time and time again, but I'm a sucker for Dystopian books. Why? Because they rock and make me grateful about the world we live in. Anyway, I'm going of topic, but that exactly the reason why I wanted to read Pawn.

I think Pawn showed to a bigger extent the political side of a dystopian world. I think it had such a brutal portrayal of the lengths politicians go to to keep the nation in the dark and the press away from their dirty secrets. I also felt that it went on to elaborate on this subject, and it showed how people who seem polite and polished from afar can be the worst of all monsters close up. In that sense, it was a pretty terrifying dystopian world- you got the kind of feeling that you could trust no one.

Pawn also had some pretty good plot twists. I definitely didn't expect them and it created a lot of suspense for me! I feel the need to thank Aimee Carter though, because despite the suspense during the book, I wasn't left with a cliff hanger at the end, so if you hate those, this is the book for you!!

I have to admit a kind of guilty secret here. Kitty already has a boyfriend, Benji, but I DON'T CARE IF THIS MAKES ME AN AWFUL PERSON BUT I SHIP KITTY AND KNOX TOGETHER. I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I JUST DO, EVEN THOUGH I LIKE BENJI. *Cries in corner*. Am I an awful person....? I JUST LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCH.

I did enjoy Kitty as a character. Even though she can be kind of reckless and completely out of her mind at times (the best of us are) I felt that she always meant well and wanted to do what was best for those around her. I felt so bad for her at times because of the situations she was put through, but I have faith that she's always going to make the right decisions.. *cough* Like ending up with Knox *cough* I COULDN'T HELP IT, OKAY?
Pawn is a great dystopian book that is perfect for those of you who can't stand cliff hangers.

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...