Fire by Heather James | Weaving Pages: Fire by Heather James

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Fire by Heather James

Hello Everyone!

I received this book for review from the author, so thank you to Heather James for letting me review her book!

17210391 Title: Fire
Author: Heather James
Series: Elements of Power #1
Source: Author
Publisher:  Self-published
Published: January 5th 2013
No. of Pages: 202


Is control over the elements a gift, or a curse?

Roxy thinks that she is in control of everything: with flames flaring at her fingertips and an equally fiery attitude, what more could she need? But then she meets Brae, a prince from a rival Realm, who turns her assumptions of superiority upside down.

Jasmine has none of Roxy’s confidence or intensity. But she does have a secret - and Brae - and she’s not going to give either up willingly. - (Goodreads)



4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.


 I've been wanting to read this book for absolutely ages, since I was really interested by the reviews I had read. I have no idea why it took me so long to finally read it, but I'm very glad I did!

From when I started this book, it was obvious to me that Heather James had made good use of her amazing imagination when writing this. I enjoyed how instead of limiting herself to labeling the different worlds based on the elements, she gave them all their individual histories and names: The Arcans, Helians, Sephans and Brizans. Personally, I think this really helped develop the world and make it much more three-dimensional, which helped me get into the story. I read this really quickly, actually! 

I'm going to warn you right here and now that this book caused me to have a really strong ship. Don't say I didn't warn you: My biggest enjoyment from reading this comes with my Brae and Jasmine ship. Oh Gosh. You do not know how much I ship them. Though Roxy is nice by the end of the book, she said she loves Brae (which to me feels kind of like insta-love) so I DO NOT WANT HER NEAR HIM, EVEN WITH A TEN FOOT POLE. I just really ship them. I have no reasons to back up why I ship them so much, but my feels are just destroyed by the notion that they may not end up together.

I've been told that for many people, Roxy is the favourite character. Somehow, I'm the black sheep and my favourite character is Jazz! She's just awesome. She jumps on a ship to save her best friend (who should really be her boyfriend, hint, hint.) and doesn't even question it. CAN SHE MARRY BRAE RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW PLEASE BECAUSE I SHIP THEM SO MUCH I'M GOING TO CRY AND HATE ROXY IF BRAE AND ROXY END UP TOGETHER. (I'm going to point out that the last bit was what I actually wrote as soon as I finished the book, so I apologise for the lack of control.. >.<)

WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO UNTIL THEY END UP TOGETHER. *looks at Heather James with puppy dog eyes and hopes Jazz and Brae end up together.* Gosh. I apologise -yet again- for the non-existant restraint.. I'm not sure if anything occupies my mind whilst reading this series other than "WHY ARE THEY NOT TOGETHER YET."
Fire is an imaginative book that will make you get too caught up in your feelings. You've been warned, now go read it. ;)

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...