Cinder by Marissa Meyer | Weaving Pages: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Hello Everyone!

I received this book for review from the lovely people over at Penguin books, so thank you  to them for sending what has become one of my favourite books to me!

11235712 Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Lunar Chronicles #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Puffin
Published: January 5th 2012
No. of Pages: 387

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
-(Goodreads)


 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.
 
The amount of times I have heard people go on about this series is too many to count. Naturally, that made me have to read this series and I'm so happy with myself that I did. I HAVE FOUND A NEW SERIES THAT I LOVE. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH.

I will point out that I couldn't put this book down. When I did, my hands were itching to pick it up again and the book went with me everywhere. It was painful whenever I couldn't read it. I actually ended up taking it to my ballet class and while me and my friends were waiting for it to begin, I sat there and was antisocial. Then I provided a running commentary on my feels and the people I wanted to slap. No, I don't know how people put up with me.

Onto the fairytale aspect of the book, I've never actually been that big a fan of Cinderella, and if I'm honest, this book is so much better than the original! I discovered that the next book in the series is a twist on Little Red Riding Hood, so I love that these books are twists on fairytales. It just makes me even more excited to read the next books in the series, because I love seeing how twists on stories we already know pan out. I also love seeing what happens differently- I think fairy tales in general are a bit of a favourite for me!

Cinder has now got to be one of my favourite characters EVER. She was defiant and bad-ass and so kind despite the awful stepmother and sister she had to live with. They were the people I wanted to slap continuously, because I just couldn't understand how they could be like that?! 
Cinder's relationship with her younger step sister, Peony, just warmed my heart so much. Peony was so different to her mother and sister, and watching the things Cinder did for her made me just want to hug them both! 
What I also love about Cinder was that she managed to never be spiteful, even though so many people were better off than her. She just carried on with life and didn't moan about anything- she did what had to be done.

CINDER AND PRINCE KAI. OH MY GOSH THEY ARE AN OTP. I NEED THEM TO BE TOGETHER BECAUSE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND THE FEELS ARE TOO MUCH. I GOT ONE KISS. I NEED MORE. I'M GOING TO GO CRY IN A CORNER UNTIL THEY ARE TOGETHER. PLEASE LET THEM BE TOGETHER IN SCARLETT..

The caps lock outbreak isn't over yet, because THAT ENDING. I was basically screaming "I KNEW IT!" at the book and then hugging it and trying to brainstorm what happens in Scarlett.
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

Cinder was better than the original fairytale, and is now home to one of my OTPs and one of my favourite characters- EVER.

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...