The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis | Weaving Pages: The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis

Thursday, 23 January 2014

The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis

Hello Everyone!

Yet again, I got this book for Christmas from my awesome parents (THANK YOU!!) and I have spent the last 3 days reading it because it was so awesome!!

Title: The Shadowhunter's Codex
Author: Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis
Series: N/A
Source: Bought
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: October 29th 2013
No. of Pages: 274


The Clave is pleased to announce the newest edition of the Nephilim’s oldest and most famous training manual: the Shadowhunter’s Codex. Since the thirteenth century, the Codex has been the young Shadowhunter’s best friend. When you’re being swarmed by demons it can be easy to forget the finer points of obscure demon languages or the fastest way to stop an attack of Raum demons. With the Codex by your side, you never have to worry.

Now in its twenty-seventh edition, the Codex covers it all: the history and the laws of our world; how to identify, interact with, and if necessary, kill that world’s many colorful denizens; which end of the stele is the end you write with. No more will your attempt to fight off rogue vampires and warlocks be slowed by the need to answer endless questions from your new recruits: What is a Pyxis? Why don’t we use guns? If I can’t see a warlock’s mark, is there a polite way to ask him where it is? Where do we get all our holy water? Geography, History, Magic, and Zoology textbook all rolled into one, the Codex is here to help new Shadowhunters navigate the beautiful, often brutal world that we inhabit. 
(Not full description - Goodreads)
4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.


You should know by now that I am a die hard Mortal Instruments Fan. If you don't know, I obviously wasn't loud enough when I shouted it from the rooftops. Sorry.. BUT NOW YOU KNOW. Anyway, all of this means that when I heard there was going to be a Shadowhunter's Codex published, I just knew I had to have it!

The information in this book is amazing. There is so much detail and thought put into every aspect of the shadowhunter world that I'm just blown away every time. I can safely say that I admire Cassandra Clare so much, because she has literally created a world here. There is a history, there are laws, there is EVERYTHING. I don't know how you can read this and not be in complete and utter awe. No, I will not apologise for the gushing.

The next thing that I can't get over is the drawings and pieces of art in this book. There are so may different pieces from various artists, but my favorites have to be the drawing by Cassandra Jean. She draws loads of characters from Cassie's books, so I already loved her work before this, but now I'm just...If you have no other reason to buy this book, just buy it because of the drawings. There was also this spectacular end piece drawn by two different artists and it's amazing. I think I said this on Twitter, but all I want to do is take all the drawings from the book and hang them up EVERYWHERE.

This book has some hilarious annotations in it. Clary, Jace and Simon have basically written throughout the thing, and this was definitely one of my favourite parts of the book. I looked forward to their annotations throughout each page, because I loved them so much! They made me laugh, and I just couldn't get enough of them!
These annotations actually inspired me to add my own! I took a pencil, and added my own notes throughout the Codex. It's now spoiler ridden, but I enjoyed annotating it so much! Please don't shout at me for writing in a book... *hides*
The Shadowhunter's Codex is perfect for any die-hard Mortal Instruments fan, and it will render you speechless with the amazing drawings throughout.

Bye! xx
 



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...