Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken | Weaving Pages: Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

Sunday, 12 January 2014

Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

Hello Everyone!

This is one of the books I got for Christmas, and I loved it! I think I'm correct when I say that the title of the books make up a sentence. This means that so far the sentence is: The Darkest Minds Never Fade… and now there is a huge amount of suspense over what the 3rd book will be called! I think that the idea of the titles making up a sentence is so cool!

Title: Never Fade
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Series: The Darkest Minds #2
Source: Bought
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Published: October 15th 2013
No. of Pages: 512

Ruby never asked for the abilities that almost cost her her life. Now she must call upon them on a daily basis, leading dangerous missions to bring down a corrupt government and breaking into the minds of her enemies. Other kids in the Children’s League call Ruby “Leader”, but she knows what she really is: a monster. 

When Ruby is entrusted with an explosive secret, she must embark on her most dangerous mission yet: leaving the Children’s League behind. Crucial information about the disease that killed most of America’s children—and turned Ruby and the others who lived into feared and hated outcasts—has survived every attempt to destroy it. But the truth is only saved in one place: a flashdrive in the hands of Liam Stewart, the boy Ruby once believed was her future—and who now wouldn’t recognize her. 

As Ruby sets out across a desperate, lawless country to find Liam—and answers about the catastrophe that has ripped both her life and America apart—she is torn between old friends and the promise she made to serve the League. Ruby will do anything to protect the people she loves. But what if winning the war means losing herself? -(Goodreads)


 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

This book was probably one of the reasons I was so excited for Christmas, and though I tried to be good and read all my review books, I failed miserably. I blame it on the fact that Never Fade was just staring at me from the top of my TBR pile, and I needed to satisfy my Liam and Ruby ship.

I really enjoyed how the story of the book seemed to evolve as it went on. In the last book, Ruby and her friends were just trying to stay on the run from the skip tracers and a whole host of other people, but the idea of trying to end the camps was only beginning. In this book, because of Ruby's involvement with the league, you see that she's been brought into a situation where there are even more evil people but there are also those who are going to try and help her and that want to stop the government's actions. It gives the whole sense that a revolution is building up, and in book three all hell is going to break loose..! Will I have to fear for the lives of my dear characters? Yep.

In Never Fade, Ruby developed much more as a person, and that was something I felt straight away. She had so much more on her shoulders this time around, and her morals were definitely put to the test so many times. I think she also realised that there are some people who will become your friends no matter what, and that they will stay your friends no matter what. The fact that she cares so much about her friends showed me how strong she is, because she's constantly keeping a brave face on when you can tell that all she wants to do is crumble- which brings me to why she is one of my favourite main characters.
Ruby is so imperfect and relatable that, to me, she could be a person walking past you down a street. Her being imperfect isn't a bad thing, because I wouldn't believe Ruby to be the fiercely protective and caring person she is, if she didn't have flaws.

We had a bit of a group again in this book, but this time Zu wasn't back in the book. Then again, it does mean there wasn't the opportunity for me to spend the whole book fearing something would happen to her, because if something did then I would be bawling my eyes out. Liam was back though, and so was Chubs. *tries to stay composed and not do a happy dance*
We had two new additions this time: Vida and Jude. Vida was just sassy and badass, and once Ruby and her got over their mutual bit of hatred for each other, I'm sure those two will be friends for life. I also may ship Chubs and Vida, but I haven't decided that small detail yet. Jude was such a sweetheart. He was so vulnerable and naive, but at the same time he managed to be really brave.

THE LIAM AND RUBY FEELS ARE KILLING ME. Never Fade just kept giving me multiple heart attacks throughout the book, but I think.. I think that we may be safe for now.. I may have just jinxed that? After the ending to The Darkest Minds, I was incapable of normal thought, but after this book, I am allowing myself happiness. Thank you, Alexandra Bracken, for not killing me with a single chapter again. 


Never Fade will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last sentence with it's gripping action and amazing characters.

Bye!! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...