Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas | Weaving Pages: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Friday, 31 January 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Hello Everyone!

I remember that I first heard about this series last year on World Book Day. I then proceeded to get the book from the library, and I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. AND NOW THE FEELS ARE BACK. HELP. 
17670709Title: Crown of Midnight
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Source: Bought
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Published: August 15th 2013
No. of Pages: 418


Eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien is bold, daring and beautiful – the perfect seductress and the greatest assassin her world has ever known. But though she won the King’s contest and became his champion, Celaena has been granted neither her liberty nor the freedom to follow her heart. The slavery of the suffocating salt mines of Endovier that scarred her past is nothing compared to a life bound to her darkest enemy, a king whose rule is so dark and evil it is near impossible to defy. Celaena faces a choice that is tearing her heart to pieces: kill in cold blood for a man she hates, or risk sentencing those she loves to death. Celaena must decide what she will fight for: survival, love or the future of a kingdom. Because an assassin cannot have it all . . . And trying to may just destroy her. -(Goodreads)
4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.



These books should have a warning on them that reads: "Major Feels Attack." Then again, that generally means the book is really good, so I would pick them up anyway. Since these signs don't exist, I'm giving you a warning here. Nope, I'm not. GO READ THIS.

Since I want to get any bad things out of the way, I'm going to get them over and done with now. The reasons I gave this book 4.5 instead 5 stars was that I thought it wasn't as fast-paced as it's predecessor, for some reason that is currently unknown to me. It might of been because I waited so long to read this, but I wait AGES for other books and they are still amazing, so I don't think that was the case.. The pace doesn't change the fact that I really need the next book. I REALLY need it. I WANT IT NOW. Unfortunately, 'Want does not Get.' -_-

 Before I start blabbering about the characters, I want to just mention how much I love the setting of this series. It's not historical fiction, but the fantasy setting is set up like a medieval kingdom, with all the castles and disputes, etc. It's one of the things that makes this series so unique, because books are set in futuristic, modern settings so often now, that it's lovely to see something that we are familiar with. It makes me want to hug this book so bad..
 
 The characters give you the most feels, okay? YOU ARE NOT SAFE. However, this book just contains some of the strongest characters I know. They are all so strong in their own way. Nehemia fights as hard as she can for her people; Celaena has lost so much and though sometimes she can snap and be as scary as hell, she still manages to care so much for those people who have earned her trust; Chaol cares so much for Celaena, and worries so much about her even when he should be worrying about himself, and Dorian has been raised around so many awful people, but has managed to have such a friendly and empathetic personality. I just want to lock them in a cupboard where they can't get hurt.


So... Chaol and Celaena, huh? I LOVE THEM SO MUCH BUT THE FEELS ARE KILLING ME. I WANT TO CRY. THEY ARE SO PERFECT TOGETHER AND I CAN'T HAVE CELAENA OR CHAOL HAVING ANYMORE HEARTBREAK. There is going to be four more books or something. This means that bad things will happen. To these characters. *Sobs* AUTHORS AND BOOKS IN GENERAL ARE GOING TO GIVE ME TRUST ISSUES.

 I must warn you that this book has a sort of cliffhanger, but even if you don't like them, you'll still read it because it's not like a character is dangling off a cliff or anything. I promise. Still, I had my mouth gaping open at the end of this book. Flabbergasted is the only possible way (Don't go throwing a thesaurus at me now) to describe it. IT WAS AMAZING.

Crown of Midnight will play with your feelings as if they are playdough, whilst being awesome and having amazing characters.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...