Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan | Weaving Pages: Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

Hello Everyone!

As you may know, I got to meet the lovely author of this book and got my copy signed... I then it read it... IT WAS AWESOME, I HAVE NO WORDS, I LOVE- *too many feels*

15801763 Title:  Untold
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Series: The Lynburn Legacy #2
Source: Bought
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Published: August 29th 2013
No. of Pages: 336


 It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be? - (Goodreads)

 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

Okay, before I get onto the "Feels" part of the review, I'm going to go talk about the book itself so this review doesn't just consist of ASDFGHJKL... Although I would love to write a review filled with Fangirling, I'm pretty sure that somewhere in my mental contract it states I must actually write something. I'm so unfair to myself, right?

This is one of those books that you really don't want to put down.. I just wanted to read it constantly and every second that I wasn't seemed like agony... Although, I was also really scared to end the book, because it is a daily occurrence to hear people crying over this book on Twitter, and Sarah Rees Brennan also is scarily good at being able to kill your feels... Untold gives you lots of conflicting feelings..

 Anyhow, I love the mixture of humour and darkness this book has. It kind of allows you to find something to laugh about so that you don't panic to the point your head falls off because OH-MY-GOSH-THE-WIZARDS-ARE-INVADING. Though some of the characters can be really serious sometimes, they all have their little quirks and outbursts of humour that makes them all unique and so loveable, no matter how much you may want to give them a lecture at that moment. The characters all bring their own individual characteristics to the story and without them, this book would obviously not be the same!

I also felt that Untold allowed me to explore the characters a bit more, and it really let them develop. They were still the same characters you know and love but you could see that they were finding new ways to deal with problems (though lets be honest here, if you've read this then you'll know that perhaps some of them aren't the best at this.. XD) and I found that on a whole, you got to know them better.

On that note, Kami is just one of my favourite characters ever. She's not tall, like me, and is awesomely sassy. She also just says some of the funniest/weirdest things.. Which is exactly why "hotential" should be a word in the dictionary. And, no. I'm not going to tell you what it means.. Either guess or GO READ THIS SERIES! *evil laugh*

 KAMI AND JARED. KAMI AND JARED, KAMI AND JARED, KAMI AND JARED. I SHIP THEM SO MUCH THAT I GET SO OVERWHELMED WITH FEELS FROM THIS BOOK. This brings me to say, I AM HORRIFIED AT THAT ENDING. I had just found bliss in my Kami-and-Jared ship, and was so busy making ship flags to wave about when THAT HAPPENS. *sobs* I think I must have swallowed a load of flies because of my gaping mouth -_-

Overall, Untold is a feels-filled book (with an range of amazing characters) that is sure to make you laugh.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...