Letter from a Reader: Allegiant by Veronica Roth | Weaving Pages: Letter from a Reader: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Monday, 2 December 2013

Letter from a Reader: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

 Hi Everyone!

The lovely people at Harper Collins sent me this book for review, so thank you to them for letting me review it! So, I've finally read Allegiant, but I decided that the only way to review this book would be to write a letter to it..


Title:  Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: October 22nd 2013
No. of Pages: 526


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

- (Goodreads)


A quick note: Okay, I'm really not sure what to rate this book, just because my feelings are so mixed. However, I feel that I have to give 5 stars because if I look at the story and not at my feelings it is worth 5 stars.


Dear Allegiant,

I have waited. I have anticipated and pictured the moment I would finish reading you- I have daydreamed about the relief that would wash over me once I knew everyone was safe. I should of remembered not to count my chickens before they hatched.

I'll admit that I had feared this ending. I just chose to let myself get grasped by your story, and I went in blind and unguarded. I'm not sure I've still accepted the truth.

You see, last night I put you down on my nightstand, along with other books and little pieces of me. The difference from what I had imagined, was that I hadn't finished you with a small smile upon my face, letting myself feel warm and happy. Instead, I was crying. Tears of despair and sadness. Tears of loss.

The silly thing, is that it feels like betrayal. I guess that since I read the first sentence that ever introduced me to Tris, to Tobias, Christina, Uriah and so many more, I took too much for granted. I had expected twists and turns, obstacles and barriers but I always thought that somehow, these characters I love would come through. They'd make it. I wasn't naive enough to think there wouldn't be casualties, but it didn't cross my mind even for a second, that I would be left feeling distraught. I had so much faith.

Some of your readers are angry. Yes, this ending has left us crying and unbelieving but what many of us may not notice, is that it has left us so much more. I find so much inspiration. I find bravery, love and hope between your pages Allegiant, because you have taught me, taught us- your readers -something we have to hold on to. You have shown us, that no matter what happens, no matter what you think the ending may be, the story always goes on. It doesn't matter what happens, whether we are destroyed and broken or have lost all hope. We will always be mended again. 

I'm not saying it'll be easy, and I'm not saying that we will be the same again, because every single event in our lives changes us, whether it is in a small way, or a big one. Still, we'll always be able to find happiness, and whatever happens, we have to stay strong. That should always be our only option.

However, I have to accept that we will always doubt. I don't know if I can just accept this ending, though it does teach us so many things, because... I just don't have an answer to that. I'm also going to have to be selfish here: I hope this isn't the ending to any other book I read. Though I feel what I have just said is horrible, in a way, it's the truth, and sometimes, we have to be completely honest.

Love,


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...