Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale | Weaving Pages: Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale

Thursday, 12 December 2013

Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale

Hello Everyone!

I received this book for review from the lovely people at Harper Collins -in exchange for a fair and honest review, of course!-, so thank you to them for sending it to me! This is the second book in the Geek Girl series, and it was just as awesome -if not awesome-er- than the first!

Title: Model Misfit
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: September 26th 2013
No. of Pages: 356


“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.”

Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives.
With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?

 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

Where to start... there is so much to say, since I adored this book! I always read any Geek Girl books so quickly, because I can't stop laughing! I do think that quite a bit of this hilarious-ness is down to Harriet and Toby.

Model Misfit is set in one of the best settings for Harriet. This is extremely mean of me to say this, because Tokyo just has so much potential for our main character to be herself. In other words, it's perfect for her to storm the place whilst destroying a few things along the way- whilst being someone you just want to hug so bad because of it! 

Writing this makes me think that because of Harriet's modelling, there is so much potential for her to go anywhere in the world so the list of possibilities are endless! I think Harriet would be the perfect person to travel the world with. Of course, Toby would be there too...Somehow... Go see him for Ninja skills!

Getting back to Harriet, the poor thing just has so many mishaps! You end up feeling kind of mean for laughing, but you honestly just can't help it. It's inevitable, really. 
Another thing about Harriet is that whenever someone hurts her, you end up getting really upset and sort of protective too. If you need any evidence to support this, just take it from me that there were various points where I wanted to hug her.

To make things even better, there is just a huge range of characters, that make this novel even better. To name a few, I adore Toby, Wilbur (with a bur, not iam.) and Rin! They are just so crazy and loveable and I really hope they continue to make appearances in future novels.

I have to be honest here and say that I spent the majority of the book wanting to wring Nick's neck. Yeah, I was pretty upset with him, but DON'T WORRY, it all gets better! Oh, and I LOVE NICK SO MUCH NOW. Really. It seems like every book I read lectures me not to start hating characters before you hear their side of the story...hehe!

Overall, Model Misfit was a funny, light hearted read with delectable characters. I really can't wait to see what book three has to offer!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...