A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison | Weaving Pages: A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison

Monday, 30 December 2013

A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison

Hello Everyone!

I received this book for review from the publisher, so thank you to them for sending it to me!

Title: A Midsummer Tights Dream
Author: Louise Rennison
Series: The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Published: February 9th 2012
No. of Pages: 352


Yaroooo! Tallulah’s triumphant Heathcliff in ‘Wuthering Heights’ the comedy musical was enough to secure her place at Dother Hall performing arts college for another term. She can’t wait to see her pals again, Charlie and the boys from Woolfe Academy and maybe even bad boy Cain…

Could the bright lights of Broadway be calling? And for who? Find out in the next Misadventures of Tallulah Casey. -(Goodreads)

4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.

Ah, I love this! With these books I have made a new discovery of a series I love!! Excuse me if it's extremely mean of me to laugh at Tallulah's mishaps.. but I can't help it!! If you can make it through any of these books with a straight face then I will give you a prize... and then run away because it means you probably have no soul..

On that delightful note, I had such a laugh when Tallulah- Lullah for short -was looking back on the events of Withering Tights. Her thoughts were very funny because I think she seems to be in a bit of a daze after the events happen and then she looks back and realizes what she's done... Basically, it includes a lot of Why? Just WHYYY? on her part- much to my amusement of course. If you've read this series, then you'll have to agree with me that there is no denying that you have a soft spot for Tallulah's Irish Dancing. If you haven't read it then you are missing out.

 What brought this down to a 4 star book for me though, was though I did still laugh a lot, I found that there weren't as many laugh out loud moments in my opinion- just a load of idiotic, mad smiling. Now that I think about it, this is not a book you want to read in public. That is, unless you're completely fine with being given weird looks for looking like a lunatic when you try to hold back your laughter. Don't say I didn't warn you..

All the animals in this book seem to have extremely weird/funny relationships with Lullah. I could go on and on, really.. You see, the sheep don't like her for some reason, and neither does Connie the owl, but Connie isn't exactly a fan of people either. Still, Matilda the bulldog loves her and so do the owlets, Lullah and Rubes! I do understand her situation with the sheep, because I was once chased by one.. (Don't ask..)

 THE BOYSSSSS!! I feel so sorry for Lullah, because she always end up so confused and doesn't know what to do. I really like Charlie but there are points when I want to hug Cain *gasp*.. That's when he's not being a meany because then I want to go all Rapunzel on him and hit him with a frying pan. It's all so conflicting and I can't imagine how Lullah feels!!

Anyway, the boys do mean that the Tree Sisters have some extremely entertaining adventures! They all have such funny personalities and they're all so quirky and different! I'll definitely miss Honey with her lisp, but at least I still have Flossie, Lullah, Vaisey and Jo. To be honest,  These five girls manage to take on the world in a way that's never been seen before...haha!

A Midsummer Tights Dream will never fail to make you laugh, no matter what your mood is.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...