United We Spy by Ally Carter | Weaving Pages: United We Spy by Ally Carter

Sunday, 3 November 2013

United We Spy by Ally Carter

Hello Everyone!

It seems like all my favourite series are ending...I'm going to really miss all of these books, and this series is one of them! I'll have to set about staring at the authors' websites until they publish a new book...

Title: United We Spy
Author: Ally Carter
Series: Gallagher Girls #6
Source: Bought
Publisher: Orchard Books
Published: September 5th 2013 
No. of Pages: 303



Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever


 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

Ohh, the sadness...I'm going to miss this series so much! I have been reading these books since the fourth book was out (Which might seem like nothing to those of you who have been reading since the 1st) and I've been loyal fan of Ally Carter's ever since. I have read all of her YA books and plan on continuing to do so, but since these were the first books of hers that I read, the Gallagher Girls will always have a special place in my heart.
 
Instead of moping for the whole review, I'm going to start talking about the actual book...That might be a good idea, yes? I honestly love Ally Carter's writing style. I don't know how to explain it, but there is just something about it that makes it different to all the other books I read. To be honest, I've never really read another book that reminds me of Ally Carter's writing style, so I guess you could say, it's one of a kind! 
 
I have to mention the following, because I've loved it ever since book one. I really enjoy the operatives reports that Cammie, Bex, Liz and Macey do. Seeing their crazy situations being put into professional, formal reports can be hilarious times and after seeing Cammie go through some really hard times, it was great to see some of this light-heartedness you get from those lists being brought back into the final book. By the way, the Pros and Cons lists are even more awesome. Try reading a Gallagher Girls book without having an urge to go make one yourself...!
 
This series has so much action, secret and danger that it will fulfil your need for adventure.. You know, since we can't all be kick-ass spies... Thinking about it, there is such a clear progression through out the entire series because Book 1, is definitely quite a girly book with Cammie sneaking out because of a boy, but it still retains that element of danger. However, by the end of the series, boys are the least of Cammie's problems, and the last books are definitely much darker than the first ones- which works perfectly. There is a great build-up to United We Spy, I think.
 
Before I end this review, I have to mention the characters. I love the variety and diversity of all the characters in the books. They all have their own distinct personalities which makes them seem even more real. You definitely get the feeling that this is sisterhood, and that all these characters are connected in one way or another.

Last book, eh? Yep... I am not sure how I'm going to get by without returning to the Gallagher Academy each year, without following Cammie and her friends on their crazy adventures and without going around with cobwebs and spider webs in my hair from all the secret passages. But maybe I won't have to? All of us who've ever stayed with Cammie the whole way through will feel the same: We'll always be Gallagher Girls at heart.
 
 Bye! xx




rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...