The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constatine | Weaving Pages: The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constatine

Thursday, 28 November 2013

The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constatine

Hi Everyone!

I received this book from the publisher through Edelweiss, so thank you to them for letting me review it! 

Title: The Promise of Amazing
Author: Robin Constantine
Series: N/A
Source: Publisher (Edelweiss)
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: December 31st 2013
No. of Pages: 384

 

 Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who's always done what she's supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.

Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.

One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love. -(Goodreads) 

3.5 stars: Page thinks this book was good, but didn't
make him fly.


Okay, I think this is going to be quite a short review, simply because I liked this book but I find that I don't have that much to say on it.. Still, I did enjoy it!

To begin with, I have to point out that this is possibly one of the first proper contemporary books that I've read. This is because I tend to find myself straying towards books that are filled with action and that are extremely fast-paced, which means I sometimes forget about these books. Still, I find that contemporary is one of my favourite genres, due to the fact that it usually makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside- The Promise of Amazing was no exception.

When I read this book I was at that week where school decided to bombard me with the news of various tests, which meant I was having to dedicate some time to studying. This just made me feel quite stressed to the point that I didn't write any posts at all that week. Somehow, this book managed to grip my attention so that weekend, whenever I wasn't studying Maths or procrastinating, I was reading this book. I found that I didn't want to put it down and that I just wanted to find out what happened to the characters- so much so, that I finished it that day.

What I really loved about the story though, was that it was a sweet, funny story about two people who fall in love under quite unusual circumstances- I mean, Wren saves Gray's life which is not the typical way that people meet...! However, this added a unique twist to the story instead of it being the cliché things you sometimes find in a love story.
I also liked the fact that Wren and Gray both had secrets from their past that they had to work to get through. I think it just helped to expand the storyline from being just a love story, to something that had more depth to it.

Overall, I did like this book and those people who are fans of contemporary stories will like it too.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...