My Holiday and Bookish Birthday | Weaving Pages: My Holiday and Bookish Birthday

Monday, 18 November 2013

My Holiday and Bookish Birthday

Hello Everyone!

So, this post is really late, since it's November, and his is about something that happened in August.. Hehe... You may remeber that I took a two week blogging hiatus at the end of August, so I thought that I would share with you the cause of this break.

For the duration of August, I was on holiday in my country, Portugal. As you have probably guessed, I am an UK blogger, but I was born in Portugal and lived there for three years- this also means that my whole family is over there. It can be quite hard, because whilst I have my parents and sister over here, I only get to see my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins, once a year. Obviously, I miss them all a lot but we talk over the phone when possible. This is why I decided to take a hiatus at the end of my holiday; so I could spend more time with my family and not feel like I had to spend hours on the computer doing blog posts. This is basically an explanation of where I went, so I thought I would share some pictures and a look at all the things I did.

Since I'm basically going to highlight all the awesome things I did. I'll start with going to Lisbon:
 At the beginning of August, we went to Portugal by plane, as you can see from the lovely picture above, which is roughly a 2 and a half hour plane journey....I think... Anyway, I'm kind of used to it, since I've honestly been going on planes since I was little!

 Highlight 1: Going to Lisbon.

Going to Lisbon was probably one of the first things I did when I went to Portugal. I really love Lisbon, as it has so many different things scattered around! Just walking around, you'll find things like Water Volcanoes, and as you can see in the top left, there is even a bit where all the flags of the world are lined up together!! Lisbon, is quite big, so we got to go on Cable Cars and the view is amazing! It's also great when people in the cable cars going past wave at you!! I hadn't been to the Science Museum in AGES so I kind of just had to go! There was a dinosaur exhibit (YES!) and a flying bicycle!! I had a huge amount of fun!

 Highlight 2: The Beach

When we're in Portugal, we literally go to the beach almost every day! Yep, we're crazy! There was this amazing time, where it was really hot but it started raining whilst we were on the beach and it was one of the best things I've ever done! It was an incredible experience! For some reason though, I can't find some of the photos... *grumbles* Anyway, in the Top Right, those things are called Bolas de Berlim. They are basically a sort of fried dough with cream inside, and they are covered in sugar! They are quite sweet, but I absolutely adore them and so does my family! Praia da Galé is basically a beach we went to a lot. It's quite near to us, so we would just go whenever it was too hot, or we felt like it.

Highlight 3: Praia da Bordeira

Again, because we are awesome crazy people, we set off to the beach, but this time it was for the whole day and not that near to us...In a nutshell, it was five people squished into a small car without air conditioning. Anyway, this beach was pretty awesome and we had a load of fun there! There were a load of surfing schools there too, because the waves are good- I think -in that area. Anyway, do not let the gloominess fool you... I got a sunburnt because I thought I didn't need sun cream... We all did... EVERYTHING HURT. Afterwards, we went to Lagos and ate clams which were SO nice!


 Highlight 4: Silves Castle

Though my whole family is from Portugal, we decide to act like Tourists once in a while, and we went to go visit a castle in Silves, a town near to where we were staying. My Parents had already been there loads, but me and my sister had been deprived of this wonder- now we are not. Silves is really historic, so we got to see the ruins of the castle and I even allowed myself a little moment to channel my inner Katniss and try and shoot people through the archery gap things...

Highlight 5: My Birthday

YESSS! In August it was my birthday, and I got to go to Slide and Splash, which is a water park in The Algarve. I had so much fun it is indescribable! In the top photos it basically shows the park, and in the bottom left, that is me and my dad. Yeah.... we were on this slide that is so slippy, that you turn around as you're going down...My mum was laughing her head off when I chose to use this photo... The bottom right photo is of my birthday cake!! It's a book, if you can't tell, and it says Happy Birthday Rita in Portuguese! It was such a great birthday!!

Highlight 5: General Life

To be honest, I just love every single moment of my holidays, so I thought I would show you a few things.  In the top left, I found some pocket sized books!! There were loads of them, including some YA ones which I basically fangirled about! In the top right, I found, in the same store, some classics that had such pretty covers! I just wanted to sit there and storke the covers... The bottom photos are of my dogs who live in Portugal with my Grandma. On the left, there is Kika who is Patinhas' ( Paws in Portuguese) mother, and and she is quite mischievous but very sweet! Patinhas, on the right, is a bit of a scaredy-cat but I've taught him to Sit, Lie down, Give me his paw, and guess which hand the treat is in, which Kika does too. Patinhas is also very sweet too! I love the both sooo much!! 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and hopefully, I'll do one when I go on holiday again.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...