Meeting...Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black | Weaving Pages: Meeting...Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black

Friday, 8 November 2013

Meeting...Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black

Hello Everyone!!

Wednesday was just one of the best days ever. As you may know, US authors rarely come to the UK, so when I heard that Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black were going to do an event at Seven Stories, I knew I just HAD to go!! 
I'd read one of Holly's books before, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, which you will hear me fangirling about in my review, and one of Sarah's Books, Unspoken. You can read my review of that here. Anyway, I loved these books so much that off I went, my Dad in tow, to Seven Stories.

On the way to the event, there was lots more traffic than we expected, and though I set off an hour in advance, I still arrived there just as the event started... It was fine though because once I got there, I was basically greeted with the awesomeness of these two:

 *credit to Rebekah @ The Reflections of a Bookworm because I didn't get to take a photo! Thank You!! xx

 I just fangirled so much...I'm sure my cheeks had cramp by the end of the event from smiling so much.....yeah.... 
To start off, Holly read a bit from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, her newest book and then told us about the book, and her love for Vampires. I honestly adored hearing all of this because this book gave me a hangover AND made me like Vampires, which is a HUGE achievement!
 Next, Sarah went on to read us an unedited Lynburn Legacies related excerpt that I'm pretty sure terrified every person in the room. My mouth was gaping open by the end of it... I don't want to say anything but.... BE SCARED. 
Sarah also talked to us about Gothic Fiction and also proceeded to act out Rebecca, which though I've never read, was extremely hilarious to watch. I recommend getting Sarah Rees Brennan to act out things..

Then we went onto questions the highlights of which were:
- Sarah recounting how she met Cassandra Clare and Holly Black. Which was extremely hilarious!
-Holly talking about Sarah always seeing the best in your book, even when it's extremely "broken."
- Hearing about Sarah and Holly's first books. I particularly love "Ruth and Ponies and Ninjas" that Sarah wrote when she was seven.
- Both authors talking about book bloggers and reviews. I was the one who asked this question and couldn't be happier with the answer! They both agreed that it is a lovely community because you have the chance to talk to people who love books as much as you, but they also said that sometimes bad reviews can hurt and make you cry, as Sarah said "Tears of Blood." 
- If I remember correctly, Holly said that she didn't read any reviews of her own books, even if they were good because it makes her feel like she can't write another book that will please people as much. 
- I was slightly scared at the look of joy on Sarah's face as she mentioned that she loves to make readers cry...

Afterwards, there was a signing and I got to talk to Holly and Sarah, and get my books signed!! I was a bit shy at first but I talked to Holly about how much I love Gavriel and we got into a conversation about slightly crazy characters, especially those in the works of Shakespeare!! Then, I got to talk Sarah who asked me if I liked spoilers, and of course, I said no!! Unlike me, Sarah loves spoilers so she wrote the following in my copy of Untold:


Both these authors are amazingly awesome!!  And GUESS WHAT? Rebekah @ The Reflections of a Bookworm, and Kayleigh @ K-Books were at the event too! Unfortunately, I didn't know so I didn't get to talk to them but they were sat RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! How frustrating is that!?

Though I was the youngest at the event (HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!) I still had SUCH an amazing time!! I absolutely can't wait to go to another event, and I hope you all enjoyed hearing about this one!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...