Let the GIFs Speak for Themselves: Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz | Weaving Pages: Let the GIFs Speak for Themselves: Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Let the GIFs Speak for Themselves: Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz

Hello Everyone!

This is a new sort of review I'm doing, where I use a whole load of GIFs to review a book! I hope you enjoy it!

Title: Raven's Gate
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Series: The Gatekeepers #1
Source: Borrowed
Publisher: Scholastic
Published: January 1st 2005
No. of Pages: 270


He always knew he was different.
First there were the dreams.
Then the deaths began.


When Matt Freeman gets into trouble with the police, he's sent to be fostered in Yorkshire. It's not long before he senses there's something wrong with his guardian: with the whole village.

Then Matt learns about the Old Ones and begins to understand just how he is different. But no one will believe him; no one can help.

There is no proof. There is no logic. There is just the Gate.
- Goodreads / Amazon

3 stars: Page tweets once, he didn't have strong
feelings for this book. It was just ok.


A friend let me borrow this book because she really wanted me to read it and since I had heard good things about Anthony Horowitz I decided to give it a try.. Unfortunately, though I like some parts, it didn't live up to what I was expecting..

  

To be honest, it was actually really interesting and this book actually made me feel like something really good was going to happen. The problem was that I would feel this anticipation..
 ANDDDDDD.... then it would go pooofff....

 I basically ended up being disappointed by the book...
On a different note, I actually enjoyed the genre!! It was quite mysterious with some spooky bits, which I liked!

And I also enjoyed the magical elements to the story!

 
 I must point out that this is my favourite GIF....EVER!! Hope you enjoyed this review!

Bye! xx
 




rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...