All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill | Weaving Pages: All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Sunday, 10 November 2013

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Hello Everyone!!

I got this book from the publishers so thank you to Bloomsbury Children’s for sending it to me!! The blog is back on schedule now so I hope you enjoy it!! 

 Title: All Our Yesterdays
Author: Cristin Terrill
Series: All Our Yesterday's #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Published: August 1st 2013 
No. of Pages: 362


Em is locked in a bare, cold cell with no comforts. Finn is in the cell next door. The Doctor is keeping them there until they tell him what he wants to know. Trouble is, what he wants to know hasn't happened yet.

Em and Finn have a shared past, but no future unless they can find a way out. The present is torture - being kept apart, overhearing each other's anguish as the Doctor relentlessly seeks answers. There's no way back from here, to what they used to be, the world they used to know. Then Em finds a note in her cell which changes everything. It's from her future self and contains some simple but very clear instructions. Em must travel back in time to avert a tragedy that's about to unfold. Worse, she has to pursue and kill the boy she loves to change the future. - Goodreads
/Amazon
4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.



I loved the plot to this book. I think it was an innovative new idea for a story that I just loved reading about and to me, it seemed really different and unique to all the other books you hear about!! I honestly can't wait till book 2!

I actually don't usually go for time travel books. I guess they've never really interested me and when I see it mentioned in a book synopsis, I tend to put those books aside. Again, books with parallel universes is a genre that I don't usually go for. However, I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed this book!! It was done perfectly and I can't think of any ways it could have been made better! It just proved me wrong when I thought that I would never like a book that included time travel!

This book switched points of view with Em narrating, and then Marina.  Sometimes, I feel that multiple points of view really don't work because I tend to get bored whilst reading about one character which generally puts a bit of a damper on the whole book. The multiple POVs in this books in this book were done really well, and to be honest, I don't think this book would have worked without them!! 

There is also a surprise related to the multiple points of view, but it might take a while to realise if you're like me. When you do find out, you end up feeling really quite proud of yourself!! 

The two narrators of the story, Marina and Em are both such different characters. You would never find any similarities between the two, but I felt their differences really helped show the different perspectives on James. He is quite a complex character and also very different in the eyes of Em compared to when you read about him the the eyes of Marina. I think this way, you really get a clear idea of his character, which I think is really important because of his role in the series.

I really ship Em and Finn!! I do not want anyone else to be together more than them, and I loved every little interaction between them! I really looked forward to those times...hehe! If you read this book, I really hope you ship them as much as I do!

Overall, I loved this book as it had a unique plot and amazingly executed multiple points of views.

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...