The Sound by Sarah Alderson | Weaving Pages: The Sound by Sarah Alderson

Friday, 11 October 2013

The Sound by Sarah Alderson

Hello Everyone!

I bought this book as it's one I have anticipated for AGES and have you seen the cover? Also, it's from one of my favourite authors ever, so I just HAD to read it! Here's what I thought: 


Title: The Sound  
Author: Sarah Alderson  
Series: N/A  
Source: Bought  
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Published: August 1st 2012  
No. of Pages: 320

When aspiring music journalist Ren Kingston takes a job nannying for a wealthy family on the exclusive island of Nantucket, playground for Boston's elite, she's hoping for a low-key summer reading books and blogging about bands. Boys are firmly off the agenda.

What she doesn't count on is falling in with a bunch of party-loving private school kids who are hiding some dark secrets, falling (possibly) in love with the local bad boy, and falling out with a dangerous serial killer... -Goodreads /
Amazon

4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.

We all need to stop for a moment and appreciate the title of this book. For some reason, I can't help but adore it because just the title give me shivers, let alone the tag line which scares the ebejeebies out of me. As well as making me fear for the characters...

I loved the plot to this book. It was fast-paced, gripping and it was quite different to other books, but definitely still had the style of Sarah Alderson's books that I have come to love. It was also really quite funny and definitely had some lines worth putting in a quotes book! I also think the plot had lots of different elements to it. It some ways, it actually turned out to be quite a dark book that kept you alert. I stayed up at night until I finished this book...which probably wasn't the best idea since it was picture day the next morning..

The Sound also kept me guessing till the last second. Honestly, just when you think that everything is solved, something happens and OH GOSH...this book will you give you multiple heart-attacks. Also, be aware that you are never safe when reading this... O_o

I also really enjoyed the setting of the story. Sometimes, settings aren't really something you notice that much in books, but I think Nantucket was a perfect setting. It has that not-what-it-seems air to it, and definitely a lot more secrets than you would expect some exclusive island to have...Then again..I also really liked that some of the story was inspired by Sarah Alderson's experiences when nannying in Nantucket. It makes me want to do that too! Haha!

I loved the romance. To be honest, Sarah Alderson writes so many amazing romances *cough* Lila & Alex *cough* Evie & Lucas...and oh great..I have been reminded of how much I love those characters and.. *sobs in a corner*

Now...umm...Jesse....OH MY GOSH *happy grin* He is sooooo gorgeous, and caring (especially with his little sister and other children) and Oh...swooooonn....Seriously, if the only reason you read this book is because of Jesse, I'll still love you because you are at least reading it. Umm..I'll point out that he's technically MY book boyfriend now..so..you know...HANDS OFF... (This is getting quite common in reviews..oops!)


Ren was a great MC. She was such a realistic character and I think many girls are able to connect with her, because of how normal she is. She has all the problems of a normal, teenage girl and in the end, she'll do whatever it takes to help others. Throw a load of crazy people into the mix and you have to admit she has some serious will power if she hasn't gone insane yet..!

Overall, The Sound was a gripping book that kept you guessing till the last second. If you loved Hunting Lila, it's a must-read!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...