Resist by Sarah Crossan | Weaving Pages: Resist by Sarah Crossan

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Resist by Sarah Crossan

Hello Everyone!

I got a review copy of this book from the lovely people at Bloomsbury. Thank You to them for sending it to me as it's the finale to a series that I love!

Title: Resist
Author: Sarah Crossan
Series: Breathe #2
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Publishing
Published: 10th October 2013
No. of Pages: 300

Resistance to the Pod Leadership has come apart. The Grove has been destroyed but so has the Pod Minister. Quinn, Bea and Alina separately must embark on a perilous journey across the planet's dead landscape in search of the rumoured resistance base Sequoia. Meanwhile the Pod Minister has been succeeded by his capricious daughter. Her brother, Ronan, is supposed to advise her, but his doubts about the regime lead to him being sent out of the Pod in search of Quinn. In a world in which the human race is adapting to survive with little air, the stakes are high. - Goodreads / Amazon

4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.

The story of me reading this series is that I was at the library and I saw Breathe. I think that I then just decided to pick it up, and look at me now! I really enjoyed the series and now...it's over! It is quite a short series, but great nevertheless! 

Like in the first book, I love the idea of the pods and air tanks. I also love how Sarah Crossan incorporates two big issues from today into the story. The idea of what would happen without trees is, in a way, something we rarely think about. To be honest, I think we all class trees as just being there and take them for granted! Another issue, is that of the different classes in society. In a way, it's surprising that even though humans have been forced to flee the outside world and are currently residing in pods, there is still the need for some people to have more money than others! How does that work?! Poor Bea couldn't even run because it would use up more oxygen..It's quite interesting to see social and environmental issues shown together.

Sequioa, the place that the characters were going to, was just awful.  The world in this book is not one you'd want to live in. Honestly. I already said that living in the pod was bad, but if you're in the outside world, do not go to Sequioa. Petra (from Breathe) was crazy, but this is honestly a whole new level of crazy...and not book blogger crazy! The things they were doing were awful and they had no notion of peace or anything!

If you've ever read Breathe, I have no idea how your favourite character isn't Maude. She is just amazing. The fact that she adores Bea, because she was the only one to show her some warmth when they first met, it so sweet. I have a great deal of love for the cranky old lady who is much more than what she seems!

Bea and Quinn were back togther!! YAY!! *happy dance* I wish I could've seen more of them, because for the purpose of the story they were separated for a lot of the time. Since this is quite a short series, I think that maybe we should have seen more of them together? Anyway, they are so cute together but I could read a whole book about them just being together!! Ahh!

Overall, Resist was a great sequel that gave this series a terrific ending, but you may want to brace yourselves for a bit of a shock...

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...