Geek Girl by Holly Smale | Weaving Pages: Geek Girl by Holly Smale

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Geek Girl by Holly Smale

Hello Everyone!

After succumbing to many bloggers, and talking to the fabulous Holly Smale on twitter, I requested a copy of this book, and soon got down to reading it. Thank you to Lizz at HarperCollins for sending it to me!  

Title: Geek Girl 
Author: Holly Smale
Series: Geek Girl #1
Source: Publisher
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: February 28th 2013 

No. of Pages: 378

Harriet Manners knows a lot of things.

She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves. - Goodreads /
Amazon
4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.

Where to start? This book had so many amazing qualities, and it's a series that I will definitely be continuing! I'm grateful for my book pushing buddies...

I found Geek Girl hilarious! It was so funny and it made me laugh and smile so much! Geek Girl is the sort of book that is perfect for when you're not feeling too happy and want something not to serious to read, that will make you feel so much better! It's also a book that you read quite quickly because it's just so fun! Also, you are bound to learn at least one cool fact from this! Did you know that blue birds can't see the colour blue?

Geek Girl had a great portrayal of the modelling world. I found that it showed the vicious side of the industry in a way that didn't come across to serious and boring- but was just right. It also pointed out that it was not all bad without making it seem like an unrealistic dream-world, something that often happens. Seeing Harriet in the midst of it all was hilarious! I think she makes the modelling industry a better place.

Now that I've mentioned Harriet, I have to point out that she understands me. I'm not completely like her but there are things about her that I feel I can completely relate to. For example, the mad, awkward blushing? Check. She made me laugh so much because she just manages to get into these situations that will make you laugh your head off. Plus her step-mother is a kick-ass lawyer who will sue you. Enough said.

Harriet and Nick (A.K.A. Lion Boy) are SOOOO cute. Together!! It's a *SQUEALLLLL* sort of  situation! Also, I've just started laughing my head off because of a cat situation. Seriously...do no let Harriet near cats...Especially grumpy ones!

Let's not forget Toby now..He is one of the funniest characters ever. And possibly the one person who can break the rule against stalking. He just makes the book even funnier and it's hard to get over the fact that though he isn't mentioned in that particular page, he is always there...That sounds really creepy but don't worry, you'll laugh!! 
Another funny character is Harriet's dad. He comes out with the weirdest things that you end up realising that Harriet gets it from him!

Overall, Geek Girl is a very fun book to read that will make you laugh- It's a perfect book to make you feel better.

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...