Black Friday by Robert Muchamore | Weaving Pages: Black Friday by Robert Muchamore

Thursday, 31 October 2013

Black Friday by Robert Muchamore

Hello Everyone!

This book was sent to me by the lovely people at Hachette Children's Books so thank you to them for sending it to me! It's meant to be the last book in the 2nd CHERUB series, but I'm hoping there will be more!

Title: Black Friday
Author: Robert Muchamore
Series: Aramov #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Published: September 5th 2013 
No. of Pages: 400


The Aramov Clan has splintered into two rival factions and Ryan is joined by more CHERUB agents as his three year mission enters its final phase. Ryan is about to board a plane, knowing that the next twenty-four hours will change everything. His mission is to stop the biggest terrorist attack America's ever seen. Ryan works for CHERUB, a secret organisation with one key advantage: even a trained terrorist won't suspect that a teenager is spying on them. For official purposes, these children do not exist.
4.5 stars: Page agrees this book was wonderful, almost
amazing.

 I have been reading the CHERUB books, or any books remotely to do with CHERUB for about two years now, and it was kind of weird, because this is meant to be the last book in series 2 and I have no idea how I feel about that...I'm honestly less attached to the main characters in this series, and I don't like it as much as the series 1 of CHERUB, but I'm still really hoping that Robert Muchamore will continue series 2! I really don't want CHERUB to end....

I hadn't read a CHERUB book for ages though, so when I read Black Friday, I was really reminded of why I love these books so much. What I've always loved about CHERUB, is that these books are a mix of teenage life 24/7 with a whole bucket of action thrown in! It's honestly that awesome, I promise! The thing is, it's more than normal action, it's fast-paced missions where kids are often in life and death situations, but because they choose to help people rather than shy away from these situations. These books are gritty, but they are real, and I personally HAVE to love that about them.

Like always, Black Friday was filled with the action and explosions that I just talked about, but what I couldn't help but notice was that this book seemed to be a bit too over-nice. I'm just so used to these books keeping me on the edge of my seat that I felt a bit disappointed when they weren't as gritty as usual. Usually, everything is going to plan but then there is a plot twist and this time, when there wasn't I was a bit like: "Oh." For want of a metaphor, it was getting a bit of an adrenaline rush for no reason....

Something that put the cherry on the cake for me, was that so many characters were back! Like I said, I have a huge amount of love for the characters in series 1 so I'm honestly so happy when they're all back! Of course, I have to have a special spot in my heart for James - though he can be a bit of an idiot sometimes..- because....it's impossible not to!! I was SO happy when James was back, and along came Lauren, Bruce and Kyle who just made me even happier!! On the downside...Kerry didn't make an appearance and I really missed her!
Overall, I really loved this book, and it was a great ending to a brilliant series, though fingers crossed that we'll be seeing more of CHERUB in the future!
Bye! xx




rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...