Angelfall by Susan Ee | Weaving Pages: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Thursday, 3 October 2013

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Hello Everyone!

I bought this book as part of my Books are My Bags Purchase (I really need to do a haul soon..) Anyway, one of the reasons I bought it was that Octavia from Read. Sleep. Repeat. threatened to disown me and I just can't have that! However, I'm glad she threatened me.. 
 
Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Series: Penryn and the End of Days #1
Source: Bought
Publisher: Hodder & Staughton
Published: May 23rd 2013
No. of Pages: 325

It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain.

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night.

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...


 5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.



Reading Angelfall is one of the best life decisions I have ever made although, noting the fact that this book is going to be the end of me....I'm not sure if it was that good of a 'life' decision...

I'm going to start by being coherent and normal in my review. This means that it will at least be understandable in the beginning. Anyway, I thought that Angelfall was a great take on angels. They are normally considered these creatures of good with white, snowy wings who play harps and have halos and....all the rest of the rainbow/glitter/unicorns stuff. If you don't want this image to be ruined, I wouldn't suggest reading this book. These angels- and they aren't fallen ones, may I add- are not the sort you want to come down to save you. Even though I'm a HUGE fan of angel books, even I wouldn't go running up to one because I can completely understand why Penryn and all the other humans are hiding..

Angelfall also managed to fill me with joy over the relationship between the two sisters, Penryn- who is amazingly kick-ass- and Paige- bless her little heart- which made me fall in love with this book even more. I personally think that all the adventure in this book, is down to Paige, because Penryn only goes on her mission so she can save Paige and, well....Awww....I love that they have such a strong relationship because throughout the book it is evident that they are trying their best to save each other, even when it seems impossible.

Like I said above, Penryn is very kick-ass. Very. She's not just kick-ass in the way that she is a very strong heroine in various emotional and non-emotional ways, but kick-ass in the way that she has taken various self-defence classes over the years. I shall set up the scene: Penryn basically went and in every way possible won a huge fight with a man twice her size. He now has no pride, and she is awesome.

Onto Raffe now....HE IS SOOOOOO ON THE LIST OF LE BOOK BOYFRIENDS BECAUSE...ASDFGHJIKL.....Oh Gosh....Raffe....He has an "Adonis like body" and a "chiselled face" and WHAT MORE CAN I SAY....Plus he is an angel who is not even meant to like humans and he still PROTECTS Penryn and I LOVE HIM SO MUCCHHHHHH...(He is up high on the list next to Jace...)
 
Even worse than my love for Raffe...in my love for Penryn AND Raffe. Together. I SHIP THEM SO BADLY I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE UNTIL THEY FINALLY GET TOGETHER AND...ASDFGHJKL.....HELP ME....WHAT AM I TO DO....*cries and rocks back and forth* Go and read this now so we can fangirl together, yes?

Now...after finishing this I ended up going: HOW AM I MEANT TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK? but luckily, I WON a competiion (I have no idea how this happened because I rarely win ANYTHING) so I will probably have read the 2nd book by now, since this post is scheduled... When you see a puddle around the blogosphere...it's probably me..

Bye! xx
 


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...