Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi | Weaving Pages: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Sunday, 15 September 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Hello Everyone!

This summer, I read the 2nd book of one of my favourite series! Like I expected, I loved it and has made me anticipate the third book even more!

 Title: Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Source: Bought
Publisher: ATOM
Published: January 8th 2013
No. of Pages: 341

Aria has struggled to build a life for herself outside Reverie. It hasn't been easy adjusting to life in the wilderness but that struggle has been worth it with Perry by her side.

But Perry has other challenges. His people are looking to him for answers. Answers about what happened to his nephew and what's happening to their world. And they don't trust the priviledged Aria, one of the enemy, in their midst.

Soon he'll be forced to chose between the tribe that looks to him for leadership and the girl that looks to him for love.

5 stars: Page the bird salutes this book, and starts
 flying with joy.

My Thoughts:

 I love this series. Under the Never Sky was actually my favourite book in the month I read it (don't ask which one because I don't remember), and the sequel defintely lived up to my expectations. (Which were high because when I found it in The Works I rushed to it and cuddled it...)

Through the Ever Night is a book that I've been wanting to read for AGES. After reading Under the Never Sky, I wanted to read this straight away, but alas, it was not meant to be, as it was several months before I read it. NOW I HAVE. I also am having doubts about whether I have anything interesting to say other than IT WAS AWESOME. Anyway, I found that Through the Ever Night carried on from it's predecessor perfectly. I felt that I'd gone back to the same world that I loved and the characters that I desperately want to hug. Still, Through the Ever Night had a great plot that was obviously made to give me an emotional breakdown. 

Among the plot twists and the events that occurred throughout the story, which set me on edge throughout the whole book, I have to go back to one of my favourite elements of the story: The romance. It was PERFECT. How am I meant not to like it? Seeing Perry and Aria  together was *goes and looks through Thesaurus* formidable. They are one of my favourite bookish couples ever but I'm upset they don't have a Ship name...How about Peria? Or Arry? (But Arry sounds like Fleur Delacour is saying Harry....I'll go with Peria)

 Anyway, it took a lot of strength for me to go through Peria having to remain platonic in front of the tides...It was hard when you're basically screaming "KISS!" in your head... Despite this, I felt that Perry and Aria both developed as characters. They both had a lot more responsibility on their heads, and I felt that this helped them to really develop as people. You could definitely see the pressure that was on both of them..

Talking about pressure, Perry was having a really hard time. I felt that I really understood his decisions but his tribe didn't.. I thought that he was a great leader, but his tribe was so hard on him! They wanted him to do everything right so I spent a good part of the book going  "Guys! He's human!" I think that got better though as the story went on.

If you finished Under the Never Sky a while ago, go read this now, or at least start the series!! I am desperate to read the second book, and I can't wait!! How am I meant to cope until February??

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...