Rendezvous in Russia by Lauren St John | Weaving Pages: Rendezvous in Russia by Lauren St John

Friday, 27 September 2013

Rendezvous in Russia by Lauren St John

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from Orion Children's books, so thank you very much to them for sending it to me! Of course, in no way does this affect my review! Anyway, this book belongs to a series I have been loving for ages, and this was no exception!

Title: Rendezvous in Russia
Author: Lauren St John
Series: Laura Marlin Mysteries #4
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Orion Children's Books
Published: August 1st 2013
No. of Pages: 192

From Cornwall to Russia. Laura, her faithful husky Skye and Tariq are whirled into a breathtaking mystery adventure when they join the film crew on the set of THE ARISTOCRATIC THIEF about an art heist that could never be pulled off in real life. Or could it? When a priceless Leonardo da Vinci painting is stolen in broad daylight Laura suspects the evil Straight A criminal masterminds are not far away. Adventure and drama just seem to find Laura even when she's not looking for it.

3.5 stars: Page thinks this book was good, but didn't
make him fly.

Firstly, I will point out that though this is a great book title, I cannot spell Rendezvous for the life of me..  Just bear with me because although I will check this review before I publish it, I shall warn you before hand that I cannot spell that world. Not even for all the books in the world. (Okay, maybe then I'd make an effort to learn it.. )

Something that I want to state is that when I'm giving this book 3.5 stars, isn't because I just liked it and didn't really think much of it, it's because I consider this series a light read. Whenever I read one of these books, I usually read them really quickly, and they aren't something that's hard to read. I think this is the perfect book to read after reading a hard, long book. Or maybe even after a reading slump! It's a little something just to get you back into the swing of things.

I found that when I read this book, it seemed to me like I could predict the things that were going to happen. This could be because it's a more of a children's book than a YA one, so that could be expected. However, I found that this meant that some of the events lost some of the surprise there could have been.

However, sometimes when I thought I knew what was going to happen, it was the opposite. Instead, I found that I was surprised because the outcome was different then what I had expected. This was good because it meant I found myself being surprised instead of always knowing what was going to happen.

One thing that stood out to me whilst reading Rendezvous in Russia, was the portrayal of the film world. I thought that it was very accurate and that the truths were very realistic. Also, I thought that Laura and Tariq's reactions were very realistic and they had a great perspective towards it.

Now, I am going to share a quote that I loved SO much that I burst out laughing! To set the scene, I'm just going to tell you that Britney is a pomerian who is (in the film) about to save a girl who is about to fall of a cliff.
"The Husky took one look at Britney bounding like a bunny through the long grass, wrenched out of Laura's grasp and tore after her."
 "...Britney glanced over her shoulder and let out an audible squeak when she saw the husky bearing down on her. Realising that escape was impossible, she chose to leap over the cliff."

Is it incredibly mean that I find this funny? Anyway, I can't wait to see what Laura get's up to next, and I'm even more excited for the next book in The One Dollar Horse series!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...