Mechanical by Pauline C. Harris | Weaving Pages: Mechanical by Pauline C. Harris

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Mechanical by Pauline C. Harris

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from the author for review, but in no way does it affect my review.

Title: Mechanical
Author: Pauline C. Harris
Series: N/A
Source: Author
Publisher: Fire and Ice Young Adult Books
Published: April 28th 2013
No. of Pages: N/A

Drew is an android. From the very beginning of her existence, she has been programmed by her creators to understand her superiority and overwhelming responsibilities. She was created for a mission, a mission more important than anything she could ever have imagined.

Drew is sent to a high school to observe the humans and report back to her creators. But when she begins to form friendships with these humans and starts feeling strange human emotions, she doubts the creators’ ways of dealing with her and wonders whether her mission is as wonderful as it once seemed.

As Drew falls deeper and deeper into the mystery surrounding her mission and her creation, she’s suddenly left with a choice. Does she follow through with what she’s known all her life or does she act on what she now knows is right?


2 stars: Page shakes his head. He was unsatisfied
with this story.


My Thoughts:
This is going to be a really hard review to write..Unfortunately, this is the sort of book that I have no feelings whatsoever about.. I can't really say any good things about it, and I can't really say any bad things either so I'm really struggling on what to write.
The word I would use to describe this book is meh. I really honestly can't say much which probably makes me seem a really bad reviewer, which I hope I'm not. Anyway, the first reason I decided to accept this book for review was that I really liked how it sounded. I thought it seemed really good and I was genuinely glad to have an opportunity to read it. However, it ended up being somethingI just didn't really enjoy...

The plot to the story was okay. It didn't really blow me away but I can't really fault it either. It was quite interesting and it did deal with subjects such as having a soul and moral rights, but from a robot's point of view. Drew did end up having a lot of conflicting emotions and it was quite nice to see her opinions of what she should trust and what she should follow.

Onto the characters, I didn't really feel connected to them in anyway. Again, it was a case of meh. As well as, I have no feelings. Is it bad that I feel like I had no soul when I read this book?!

Anyway, I'm not really sure what else there is to say... You may want to pick up this book to see if you feel the same, but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...