Living in the Dark by Rebekah Campbell | Weaving Pages: Living in the Dark by Rebekah Campbell

Thursday, 19 September 2013

Living in the Dark by Rebekah Campbell

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair review. In no way does this affect my review! However, I'm not sure that is was the book for me..


 Title: Living in the Dark
Author: Rebekah Campbell
Series: Darkness Through the Light #1
Source: Author
Publisher: Self-Published
Published: November 9th 2012
No. of Pages: 184

Experiences can make us or break us and it's no different for sixteen-year-old, Emily.

Living under the roof of her abusive Uncle, Emily is brutally attacked by a gang and wakes up from a coma with no recollection of the accident.

As the amnesia starts to clear, Emily realises that her memory is not the only thing coming back to her from the accident. There's also a wild, angry power that she has to control before it destroys her and everyone else.

So the question remains: Will Experience make her or break her? (-Goodreads)


3 stars: Page tweets once, he didn't have strong

feelings for this book. It was just ok.


My Thoughts:

This is one of those books, where you get the feeling you may have read it wrong...Since two other bloggers have rated this 5 or 4 stars, I'm starting to wonder....What happened?

Looking through my notes, I can see that most of them are about the characters. I think this is because this book is based a lot around characters and the things happening to them. This means that if you don't really like the characters, it might impact your liking of the book, and that is probably what happened to me.

Firstly, let me say that I did feel extremely sorry for Emily. In so many ways. Firstly, her uncle. To live with someone who treated you like that is awful, and I have no idea how she coped with it... However, later on in the book when somethings where revealed they both made me hate her uncle even more and also feel sorry for him... I warn you that this is basically a turmoil of conflicting feels for the characters...

However, I also ended up being kind of scared of the characters... I mean, I kept finding that they were all just really unhinged...This was probably intended but it ended up getting to the point where instead of just being scared of the bad guy, I was scared of the main character... I think that Eric was the only character I considered sane by the end...

I  shall admit out of everyone, Carrie and her family were the most unhinged. They had some warped sense of human rights and morals and I really think someone really needs to explain what being "nice" is to them.. I should buy them a dictionary...hmmm.....

 To end this review I shall put my thoughts on the characters this way: They are all crazy and not necessarily in a good way...

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...