At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie | Weaving Pages: At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie

Sunday, 8 September 2013

At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie

Hello Everyone!

Today is the day where you finally get to witness my Agatha Christie obsession. Yep. It's a very important day.



Title: At Bertram's Hotel
Author: Agatha Christie
Series: Miss Marple #11
Source: Bought
Publisher: HarperCollins
No. of Pages: 223

An old-fashioned London Hotel is not quite as reputable as it makes out! When Miss Marple comes up from the country for a holiday in London, she finds what she's looking for at Bertram's Hotel: traditional decor, impeccable service and an unmistakable atmosphere of danger behind the highly polished veneer. Yet, not even Miss Marple can foresee the violent chain of events set in motion when an eccentric guest makes his way to the airport on the wrong day!


4 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.
My Thoughts:

If you read this blog, then you know about my obsession with Agatha Christie. I'm obsessed and proud. You should be too, because Agatha Christie is definitely the Queen of Crime.

First thing, this book was as great as always. I found myself being captured into such a simple but complex mystery, because it seemed like such a normal thing. Nothing too strange was occurring, apart from suspicious events that were happening to different characters but seemed to be small matters. However, just like always, I was surprised by the outcome.

At Bertram's Hotel was full of mystery, and contained everything that I love about an Agatha Christie book. I love how nearly all the characters can seem suspicious but it's never who you think it is. I've learnt to expect the unexpected when reading these books. However, there was less of the "I didn't expect it to be so-and-so." I felt that there was more evidence pointed to the culprit than normal.

I've never actually read a Miss Marple book. All the AG books I've read have been with Poirot, or a case without a detective. Still, I have watched the TV shows, when it comes to that, I prefer the Miss Marple episodes over the poirot ones. Now that I've read the books, I have to say that I love Miss Marple just as much as I do in the TV shows. She sees EVERYTHING. Nothing gets past her, and everyone just overlooks her. DO NOT underestimate Miss Marple, because she's the one you least expect..

At Bertram's Hotel was very interesting, and it always made me want to know more. I kept reading and reading until I finished. I actually read so fast I didn't get to feature it on my sidebar!! You should defintely read some Agatha Christie books (and The Mortal Instruments for that matter..) but make sure to tell me if you do!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...