Amber by Julie Sykes | Weaving Pages: Amber by Julie Sykes

Sunday, 29 September 2013

Amber by Julie Sykes

Hello Everyone!

I received this book from Curious Fox books, so thank you to them for sending it to me! As always, this is no way affects my review! 
 
Title: Amber
Author: Julie Sykes
Series: N/A
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Curious Fox Books
Published: September 12th 2013
No. of Pages: N/A

How do you live by the rules if you don’t know what they are?

Amber’s lost her memory. She doesn’t even know her real name. The only clues to her identity are a beautiful amber necklace and a broken mobile phone. She’s determined to learn the truth about her past life, and the secrets she’s hiding, but how many rules will she break along the way?


4.5 stars: Page decides that this book was very enjoyable
however, it was not catapulted into amazing.



Amber was one of the pretty books that was awaiting me when I came back from my holiday. As soon as I was back, I gave everyone on Twitter the chance to choose what I should read...Obviously, I shouldn't of done this because I soon got blackmailed into reading this book by Amber..

Whilst reading this book, I found that I had loads of suspicions about what might be happening to Amber. You see, her situation is so complicated and unpredictable, because Amber doesn't know who she is, nor does anyone else! However...I found that I was right about my suspicions and got that accomplished feeling..

Music actually became a big part of this book. It was funny, because I definitely didn't expect that,  but little things like this are what makes a book so much more enjoyable, and I liked all the musical detail that was included in the book. Like I said, it just made everything more realistic and spontaneous. 

Adding to the idea of little things really helping a book, I really enjoyed how some words were replaced with the pietran word. Pietran is basically the language from the planet Pietra and I thought that replacing some of the words with Pietran was a really nice touch to the book.

 The genre of this book quickly became something I also enjoyed. It was quite a mix of things, I thought, and I consider it quite a paranormal style book. This is because of how Telekinesis and aliens are a part of the book. Anyway, I really liked the telekinesis part of the story because, lets be honest, all characters with that ability are cool. Very cool. Also, if you haven't put down the book and stared at a random object whilst thinking "move" then I have no idea what planet you're from...

Going on to the characters, I think that Amber wasn't very quick to realise things. Sometimes, something was said that for me, was like shouting the answer in my face, but Amber was just SO oblivious to it!! Can't she see? However, I guess that it is one of the enjoyable parts of reading: Always knowing something before the character.

Overall, this was a really good book, and I would recommend it to you if you like Paranormal books, or pretending to be able to move things with your mind.

Bye! xx


rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...