Top Ten Books Set In a Different World. | Weaving Pages: Top Ten Books Set In a Different World.

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Top Ten Books Set In a Different World.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and The Bookish

Top Ten Books Set in a Different World.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
1.Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I love the world in Throne of Glass. It was a great fantasy world. Plus, it has a map at the beginning that just makes everything better! Not sure I would want to live there though....

The Elites
2. The Elites by Natasha Ngan
Again, this probably wouldn't be the best world to live in, but it was a part of the story that I loved. I liked that it had a mixture of different cultures and that it was different to other worlds.

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I love the idea of factions, that's why I like the Divergent world. I think that I would probably be Divergent. I can't define myself into one category,as I like to think that I have traits that fit into lots of different factions!

The Host (The Host, #1)
4. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Technically, this is just our world in the future but there are lots of different planets. I loved the different planets mentioned as well as the souls. For me, it was a great setting.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)
5.The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Once again, I would hate to live in any of the districts. However, the setting is great and Suzanne Collins is a great writer for being able to come up with such a great idea.

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
6. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
What really strikes me about this world, is that we always picture fairies, and their world as being pretty, dainty and extremely nice. The world in the Iron King is of stark contrast to popular belief and I love that.

Icons (Icons, #1)
7. Icons by Margaret Stohl
This is also, technically, our world but again I love the idea of the aliens. I love how in this book, you never see the aliens- they are just there- so it stops it from being ridiculous and instead becomes a source of curiousity.

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
8.The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I loved this book so much! The maze was such a great part of the story that I had to include this in my TTT. I think that the Glade was a great setting!

Everneath (Everneath, #1)
9. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
The Everneath is completely awesome. The book also has a map at the beginning which shows the whole of The Everneath. It was great reading about all the adventure in it.

Breathe (Breathe, #1)
10.Breathe by Sarah Crossan 
What I love so much about this setting, is that it's not one I've come across before. Yes, I've read various dystopian books, but never one where the air you breathe determines your status, etc.


That's my Top Ten for this week, hope you enjoyed it!

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...