The Reader's Bill of Rights | Weaving Pages: The Reader's Bill of Rights

Monday, 12 August 2013

The Reader's Bill of Rights

Hello Everyone!

You may remember that I annoted the quote/speech "Date a Girl Who Reads." Since quite a few people liked what I did, I found another quote I wanted to annotate! I'm also thinking of turning this into a meme, where every Sunday everyone annotates a quote of their choice. What do you all think? Would you join in? You can tell me here. For now, here is the quote:


“Reader's Bill of Rights

1. The right to not read
(Good luck trying to make me not read, but if you mean the right to not a read a book I don't want to, then Yes. I agree. I like to read what I want!)

2. The right to skip pages
(Some pages in books, even in brilliant ones, are made to be skipped. I only read boring pages because of the same reason I rarely DNF. I'm scared to miss something AWESOME.)

3. The right to not finish
(Just ask any blogger. We all have the right to DNF. Like I explained above, I rarely DNF but if I just can't take it anymore, then I will DNF.)

4. The right to reread
(Does this need an explanation? I've read all the books in The Hunger Games trilogy FOUR times. Four. Four. Hear that echo through your mind and remind you of Four from Divergent.)

5. The right to read anything
(I read EVERYTHING. Shampoo bottles. Soap bottles. Instructions. Textbooks. Newspapers. Books. eBooks. Films. Subtitles. Everything. I can't help it..)

6. The right to escapism
(Is it bad that I'm trying to work out what it means by this? *googles*Okay, so it basically means the right to escape into a book. I knew that.Phff...Obviously.)

7. The right to read anywhere
(I read EVERYWHERE. Everything, Everywhere. That sounds pretty cool... I always have a book with me, which means every chance I get, I read. Especially when I'm waiting for things...)

8. The right to browse
(Waterstones is like my 2nd home. Everytime I walk in there, I get this huge grin on my face. Though I don't buy something everytime I go there, I love having a look at all the books and wishing I lived there!)

9. The right to read out loud
(I'm actually not a fan of reading out loud. I don't really enjoy it, and I like reading silently better.)

10. The right to not defend your tastes”
(I could not agree with this more. There are things I just enjoy. There I things I just want to read. There are no reasons behind why I want to read book, or why I like a certain genre. I just do. Does that make my opinion wrong?)

― Daniel Pennac

I hope you liked my opinions, and please let me know what you think of the meme! Is it something you would want to join in with? 

Bye! xx



rita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...